• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can get pretty creative with our Pref-Bid system -- there is a nice combination of 1,2,3 and 4 day trips. I average 16-18 days off each month, but got 19 days off this month by bidding three 4-day trips that total 80 hours. There are a few people that bid all 1-day trips and they always seem to get 16-19 days off every month.

I was reading on airlineinterviews.com that pilots from 121 carriers have the sim ride waived. Is this for current 121 pilots only or if you have 121 experience?

I was hired about a year ago at CHQ. For July (a 31 day month), I have 16 days off and 89:24 pay credit in a junior base. Granted, I waive the "2 day off" rule when I bid so I end up with some one day breaks since I live in base, but it does give the preferential bidding program some more flexibility to give me what I ask for.

I understand that there are people 3 months senior to me getting calls for the 170 upgrade (scary, upgrade after just one thunderstorm season?) and I also just heard yesterday that there are people with "248xxx" numbers (junior to me) getting calls as well.

But there are alot of people waiting to switch to the 170 until after the Shuttle America/Republic/MDA things get ironed out, so those really junior people will be junior for awhile. I do think that when all that stuff gets worked out, the floodgates will open and perhaps my opportunity for an upgrade to the 145 in my base will come before the year is up, maybe sooner. But I have been down that road before, so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

thats really good news for you, here is a question, if you get the 145, can you transition to the 170 after an amount of time, or is there seat locks?

So here are my question!

Does CHQ have a board that is for just their pilots and other employees? If you know where it is can you post the address here?

Is there anyone here who flew the CRJ at another airline then went to CHQ? If yes what was your transition like? How was ground school? Sim?

I have a lot of CRJ time and my biggest concern is the ORAL! What are they like at CHQ?

http://forums.chqlounge.com/

Hope your total time on your profile is not correct. We have had numerous AirNet guys go to CHQ and they mentioned that the oral was a piece of cake. Nothing like SkyWest like I've heard from other Starcheckers. Most guys going to CHQ left from the props, so system questions certainly can't be too complex. Alot of our SkyWest bound guys left from our Lears.

Hope that link helps.

USC328

A lot of CRJ time with 420 hours? MicroSoft Flight Simulator perhaps? If you actually have a lot of CRJ time, why would you worry about an oral? Especially since Chautauqua doesn't have CRJs.

There were 7 guys in my class coming from the CRJ2. Most of them furlwd from Indy Air. Everyone seemed to do just fine in the transition to the E170.

As far as training goes, I can only speak for the training on the E170.

The training was great! The E170 training is all contracted out through Flight Safety including INDOC. None of the FSI people are there to bust you and want to see you do well. The first thing they try to do is relax the class. My CPT instructor (who was one of the original E170 instructors) said that CHQ has a 99% pass rate on the E170 and that the company never has a problem throwing in up to 4 extra sims sessions if needed. Most people don't have any problems

FOUR extra sim sessions!?

Not in my class...we DID have FOUR people go home after they each got one extra. I know at least one didn't deserve to be short changed, but it rolled that way.

With all of the upgrades going on, and recrnt etc...the sim availablility doesn't really call for anyone to walk in here thinking they are going to get 2-3-4 extra sessions.

Happy FOURth folks :)

Latest resources

Back