Chautauqua questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckdanny

I'm looking at jumping ship from my current airline for a better QOL. So here goes: How long does it take for a new hire to hold a line? Days off on reserve? I heard that upgrade time is now running at 2 years; is growth steady enough to expect it to remain like that for a while? What is to expect with the Mid-Atlantic purchase (seniority merge, is it just the planes, etc?) Junior bases? Are new hires mostly going to the 145 or the 170? I will be sending my resume this weekend in hopes to get a call for an interview; if they want me I think it's important to get on board before the Mid Atlantic deal closes. Thanks for any info!

Buck

buckdanny said:
I'm looking at jumping ship from my current airline for a better QOL. So here goes: How long does it take for a new hire to hold a line? Days off on reserve? I heard that upgrade time is now running at 2 years; is growth steady enough to expect it to remain like that for a while? What is to expect with the Mid-Atlantic purchase (seniority merge, is it just the planes, etc?) Junior bases? Are new hires mostly going to the 145 or the 170? I will be sending my resume this weekend in hopes to get a call for an interview; if they want me I think it's important to get on board before the Mid Atlantic deal closes. Thanks for any info!

Buck

I'll give it my best shot here:

To hold a line: pretty much from day one....maybe a couple weeks of reserve

Days off on reserve: 11

Upgrade time: 12-18 months

Growth: CEO says we need another 1200-1500 pilots

Mid-Atlantic: probably take half of their pilots from what I've heard...not sure how they will integrate them

Junior bases: depends on the aircraft

Aircraft assigned: if you have over 1500 hours it will probably be the 170...bases will be ORD, IND, CMH, PIT, and PHL for the 170's

I'm on the 145, so here goes on this side:
Depending on base, you could have a line right out of training, most everyone in my class is on reserve now. I may have a line next month but am not counting on it. You can pretty much get whatever base you want within a couple months unless you want FL.

You go where the company needs you. You can't really pick what airplane you want to go to. They are hiring for both. There were people in my class that specifically asked for the 170 and were in the 145. So don't get all your eggs in one basket.

Either way, before or after the MA deal, you'll still be in a good position if you get hired.

Thanks for the replies so far, I really apreciate it. I am pretty open as to where I will end up, it doesn't matter to me. FL would be nice but the 170 out of INd would be nice too. The first step will be to get that resume out this weekend and get that interview!

Buck

Is the upgrade time really 12-18 months and if so is that on the 145 and or the 170??? It seems like a very short time. What are the uprade requirements as far as total time and time with the company?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back