• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK... I read that update, but who is going to staff the Republic side?

Off the street pilots?

50 percent of the seat will be furlughed USAirwys pilots, and the rest I don't know. I wouldn't be suprised if they were staffed by 100 percent mainliners.

This is turning bad. Believe it or not, I'm actually on your side. Has anyone got a reaction from your Association on this update and it's response?

ALPA has said they will not staff Republic, so how could they provide 50% of the staffing?

The ERJ is slow?!! Interesting... I was showing a groundspeed of 611 kts. on a flight a couple of weeks ago. Not only that, but we had 47 people on board plus crew and 10,000 lbs. of gas. We fly at .78 all the time, any altitude, any weight.

Lear24, you mentioned some fast aircraft. However, just because an aircraft is certificated to a certain speed doesn't necessarily mean it can be achieved nor is it routinely done, especially with full passengers and fuel. One of my neighbors is a 747-400 captain, and he says they rarely fly faster than .80 to .82. A family friend flew a 727 (his airline recently discontinued flying them). Even though it was originally certified to .90, the POH had limited its MMO to .79 by its retirement.

And the Lear series? WHO CARES? How many airlines are flying those around? And you think the ERJ is small.

Numbers can be deceiving. I don't care what the airplane may be able to do. I only care about what the airplane CAN do.

lear24 said:
MMO of a 727 = .9
MMO of a 747 = .85
MMO of a Lear 20 series = .82

You're kidding, right?

I can put my turbo fan in a dive, push the throttles full forward, and I bet I can get a Mach greater than 1. What's the point?

A Dash and a CRJ both serve a route b/t DRO and PHX. The Dash arrives maybe 15 minutes later than the CRJ. 1/96th of a day lost, could be made up with a re-route by ATC for the CRJ. It's like fighting over a 10 day guarantee in a 28 day bid and an 11 day guarantee in a 31 day bid . . . totally pointless.

The only time speed matters is when an interceptor like the F-15 or the Concorde is involved. :) When you find a MMO difference of more than .5 Mach, THAT's a difference I and my passengers can appreciate.

-Boo!

Well my car is faster than yours and my dad can beat up yours!

Sorry just had to...................please dont mind me and carry on!

Have a Nice Day...........going fast or sloooooooooooooooooow

Why in the world would CHQ order a bunch of jets for USAirways knowing the contract would not be good beyond Q4 2003? Unless Delta has guaranteed them a home when USAirways dumps the contract (how likely is that?) I can't see our MGT team making such a frivolous move. We'd be putting all our eggs in the Delta basket, thus recreating the exact problem we had with USAirways....

CHQ's US Airways code sharing agreement terminates 3/1/2009. Airways is very limited in its right to cancel such agreement and CHQ still has a right to cure any reasons that US is allowed to cancel the agreement under.

The only ways US can terminate the agreement are:

-failure to retain or utilize aircraft in the required manner
-completion factor falls below specified percentages
-on time departure factor falls specified percentages due to operational deficiencies within their control
-suspension or revocation of certificate due to safety infraction

Latest resources

Back