• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You hot shot ERJ drivers need to chill out. It's slow and it's small. Get over it.

You all do also need to realize that it doesn't hurt U to just terminate your or my flying. They do whatever they want whenever they want and don't give a darn about who suffers as a result. We (the WOs) took concessions for the team, as part of the group, and we still get hosed left and right. You're growing now, and that's good, but don't get too comfortable, we are finally cheaper than you, since they had that lowered bar to make us compete with.

One good thing though, I guess as much as everyone makes fun of CHQ for flying for everyone, it's probably a good business strategy at this point.

lear24 said:
You hot shot ERJ drivers need to chill out. It's slow and it's small. Get over it.

Small is relative, however I'm sure mine's bigger than yours is! :)
Slow? MMO .78 is pretty fast, about the same as most other commercial turbofans. CRJ’s and 57’s (the fastest commercial transports?) are .83 or so. Unless you call yourself ‘Speedbird’, I’d say an ERJ is pretty fast.

-Boo!

Congrats WO

I agree with my fellow CHQ Pilots. Congrats WO Pilots you are finally getting the Jets you have long deserved.

We will continue to look forward to having you in our jumpseats whenever we can help you out

Chautauqua have served US Airways for many, many years and do and will continue to enjoy providing them with our services as long as they desire. When it comes to an end, we will tip our hats and say, Thanks for your business, and move on.

328dud said: "If you read the posts above, I never mentioned Rupublic.

Just CHQ, not Republic and TSA. If you dont fly for Republic, and fly for CHQ, you won't be flying USAir colors by fourth quarter according to my summary sheet here. Rupublic will start service with these new airplanes in October 2003."

"You do like apples dont ya?"

April 28, 2003

Letter from US Airways MEC Chairman to US Airways CEO

Mr. David N. Siegel

President & CEO

US Airways, Inc.

2345 Crystal Drive

Arlington, VA 22227

Dear Mr. Siegel:

Letter of Agreement 83, Accelerated Small Jets, states “no aircraft will be placed into revenue service for Republic Airlines under the US Airways code except with the approval of the Association.”

The Association has been informed that the pilots of Chautauqua Airlines, represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, ratified the “Jets for Jobs” protocols on March 28, 2003. The Teamsters represent this ratification to be “unconditional”.

Since the Chautauqua pilots have now indicated that they are willing to participate in the “Jets for Jobs” program, the Association sees no need for Republic Airlines to operate as a US Airways Code Share partner. With the approval of the "Jets for Jobs" protocols, US Airways should immediately implement the terms of paragraph 2.E. of Letter of Agreement 83 and place additional Chautauqua small jets into service in accordance with the Letter of Agreement.

Sincerely,

Captain William D. Pollock

MEC Chairman

WDP/ep

Cc: US Airways MEC

E.E. Sowell, General Counsel Teamsters Local 747

according to that letter Republic will not be allowed on US Airways property, Correct?

Since the Chautauqua pilots have now indicated that they are willing to participate in the “Jets for Jobs” program, the Association sees no need for Republic Airlines to operate as a US Airways Code Share partner. With the approval of the "Jets for Jobs" protocols, US Airways should immediately implement the terms of paragraph 2.E. of Letter of Agreement 83 and place additional Chautauqua small jets into service in accordance with the Letter of Agreement.

On the surface. Looks like a little wiggle room built in there. Look at how the ML treated the WO's for all these years. These guys would have made a deal with the Iraqi air force for half the seats, and twisted arms to get it.

Time will tell; on all counts.

Last edited:
Up to 12 “Medium SJs” currently being operated by Chautauqua Airlines under another carrier’s code may be placed into revenue service by Chautauqua Airlines under the US Airways code, without immediately complying with the Filling of Vacancies provision of Attachment B-3 of the Restructuring Agreement, provided that such “Medium SJs” are placed into revenue operation under the US Airways code by February 29, 2004. For each of the “Medium SJs” specified in the foregoing sentence that is placed into revenue operation by Chautauqua Airlines under the US Airways code no later than such date in 2004, Chautauqua Airlines or Republic Airlines must also place into revenue service at least the same number of additional “Medium SJs”, no later than February 28, 2005 and each such additional “Medium SJ” must be staffed entirely with pilots from the APL, provided however, that no aircraft will be placed into revenue service for Republic Airlines under the US Airways code except with the approval of the Association. If the Filling of Vacancies 50% requirement (by the balance between the Medium SJs specified in the first sentence and the Medium SJs specified in the second sentence of this paragraph E.) is not achieved by February 28, 2005, the Company must either discontinue use of the number of code share aircraft or terminate the contract with Republic or Chautauqua Airlines as required to maintain the Filling of Vacancies 50% requirement.

The association turned this vacancy down. Thus, must terminate the existing aggreement between CHQ and U. U will get their 50/50 or end the contract carriers with the exception of MESA which has complied to date with everything set forth in Paragragh 2, section 2 of the agreement.

Pollack is in system board this week in DC and I have put a call to him to have him tell me in person what his letter means and what the summary sheet we all recieved last week means.

More later.

stillaboo said:
Small is relative, however I'm sure mine's bigger than yours is! :)
Slow? MMO .78 is pretty fast, about the same as most other commercial turbofans. CRJ’s and 57’s (the fastest commercial transports?) are .83 or so. Unless you call yourself ‘Speedbird’, I’d say an ERJ is pretty fast.

-Boo!

MMO of a 727 = .9
MMO of a 747 = .85
MMO of a Lear 20 series = .82

"Company Update for May 16, 2003

Good afternoon. Well US Airways has taken another significant step ahead on its planned recovery program. With the announcement of a 170 aircraft regional jet order [see story below], Airways will become one of the largest operators of RJ’s in the US and will become the largest operator of 70+ seat RJ’s in the world. It would be easy to fall into the trap of feeling disappointed by this announcement since it confirms the fact that we will not be growing our business with Airways as they move down the path of developing their internal RJ capabilities. However, I’m more pragmatic; whatever is good for Airways and helps them achieve a stable earnings stream, is absolutely good for Chautauqua and the stability of our business. I still believe we play an important role in providing value-based feed revenue to Airways; and that is a role we can fill for many years to come. The fact that we will provide 35 RJ’s and our sister carrier Republic will operate another 23 RJ’s for Airways means we are a significant and important component of the US Airways route network."

Then "Blah, blah, blah" (not relevant to this thread)

"...God Bless...

...Bryan"

Latest resources

Back