• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

chautauqua info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyguy: What kind of seniority does it take to hold a line like that? That sounds pretty sweet. After a certain point days off > more money, in my book.

Everyone: What's the hiring outlook (insofar as there is one) for about 6-8 months from now? I'm locked in a contract for the time being, but when I get out I'll have ~3000TT/350-400 MEL, About 1500 part 135 cargo.

I know the delta bidding is a huge question mark at the moment. Is SDF likely to stay relatively junior? Would it be effected/closed by any potential delta flying losses? What are the differences in the upgrades times for the CRJ (speculate?), 145, and 170?

Thanks,
Rip

flyguy: What kind of seniority does it take to hold a line like that? That sounds pretty sweet. After a certain point days off > more money, in my book.

Everyone: What's the hiring outlook (insofar as there is one) for about 6-8 months from now? I'm locked in a contract for the time being, but when I get out I'll have ~3000TT/350-400 MEL, About 1500 part 135 cargo.

I know the delta bidding is a huge question mark at the moment. Is SDF likely to stay relatively junior? Would it be effected/closed by any potential delta flying losses? What are the differences in the upgrades times for the CRJ (speculate?), 145, and 170?

Thanks,
Rip

Many of the answers to your questions are listed on www.republicpilots.org

You can access the site as a guest, so you don't have to be a company employee. I interviewed on 9-21 and have a class date on 10-30 for the 145. Best of luck!

So tell us what are these business practices and our history? I couldn't find anything in the Encyclopedia Britannica.

To each his own on the 135/91 gig, I assume you have experience in that part of the aviation sector. That must be that rj that you are flying in your profile.

I do have corporate experience. I don't hate ya'll, I just don't think I would want to work for most regionals. I think qol and pay at all regionals is substanstandard, but some less so than others. Should we care more about job security, quick upgrade, and flying big rjs, or can we find a compromise and work for a company that does not bid against fellow airline pilots. The latter is sadly a hard option to find these days. I most likely could be a captain at Mesa right now, but I chose not to go there. That was simply my personal decision, I don't hate Mesa, I just personally had no interest in working there. I am not saying I am some martyr, but I had a little industry knowledge and I chose to go to where I wouldn't replacing other carriers lost flying. That may change soon where I work however.

What a mature response. I have nothing personal against Chatuqua/Rep./Shuttle/etc., but what are they doing for the careers of all regional pilots?

And what are the rest of the pilots at every other regional airline in the universe doing to better everyone elses careers?

Hmm, PSA voting down crappy 90 seat pay-rate, Air Whisky, TSA and GoJet, to name a few. Maybe more so management than the pilots, but do you see Horizon bidding on every contract?

Hmm, PSA voting down crappy 90 seat pay-rate, Air Whisky, TSA and GoJet, to name a few. Maybe more so MANAGEMENT than the pilots, but do you see Horizon bidding on every contract?

You said it I didnt..MANAGEMENT....thats all it boils down to..plain and simple...yes the pilots get the vote but with the outlook in the 50 seat market the way it is it shouldnt surprise any of us to vote this crap in...please understand im not disagreeing with you that 70 seats for 30 seat pay is crap...however....it is a sign of the times...and regional airlines are for the most part a communist business model....there is little democracy involved...in our case...the 50 seat market began to and is going to continue to dwindle and this is what keeps the paychecks coming...as crappy a situation and you may think it is...believe me there are many worse out there.

Latest resources

Back