Chautauqua Gulity or not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cleared direct,

Did CHQ need AMR's permission to begin whoring themselves out for Delta Connection? How does that fit into your "operational control" definition? Seems to me like only CHQ controls CHQ.

Right on

fms direct,

Hit it right on CHQ and AMR are in bed together and there adding more and more roommates eash and every day. I's time to STOP this and stand up for what's RIGHT. Doesn't anybody have any MORALS. :confused:

I can't wait to see AMR take the next step (inevitable). Giving more Eagle aircraft to parasitic "alter-ego" carriers and routing them thru current Eagle hubs on current Eagle city pairs. Then no one will dispute their intentions (except maybe Bluestreak). Regardless of how many pseudo-lawyers THINK they know the real meaning of "operational control" as it pertains to Eagle's (or any) LABOR AGREEMENT, the only opinion that will count is the arbitrators.

BTW Bluestreak, do you work for CHQ or TSA. No way you work for ACA. ;)

Last edited:
Ah,spoken like a true Hitler Youth.Sorry that's not what you wanted to hear-sucks for ya,dude.

It's not that he didn't want to hear it, it's that the FAR definition is not applicable to contract diputes. Nobody is accusing AMR or anyone else of violating an FAR. The definintions in Section 1 only apply to terms as they are used in the FAR's and have no relevance outside of the FAR's.

Did CHQ need AMR's permission to begin whoring themselves out for Delta Connection? How does that fit into your "operational control" definition? Seems to me like only CHQ controls CHQ.

AMR does not have operational control over all of CHQ, only the American Connection flights. Do you think CHQ really is really in control of that operation? If so, take a look at the original post. Anybody who is at all familiar with the history of Eagle's contract knows that American Connection is a clear violation of the contract's intent. To argue otherwise is just plain ignorant.

Your argument doesn't hold water. If I come out to my plane, board all the passengers and can't start the number 2 engine for whatever reason or the weather has socked in the destination with no forecast for improvement. My Dispatcher or Flight control is going to cancel the flight and send all the Pax on another one. They are not going to get on the phone to AMR and say "hey listen we don't have a plane for the DTW trip or the weathers too bad, can we cancel??? " no they might call the director of OUR operations but thats where the operational control lies with us not with AMR

Last edited:
You're relying on the FAR definition of operational control which does not apply.

AMR tells you when, where, and how your flights will fly, what equipment you will fly and how it will be configured, who will board your planes, and all manner of other things. Face it, they control your operation. Just because you can cancel flights does not mean that you have operational control in the broad context that it is used in Eagle's contract.

As I said before, anyone who contends that American Connection flying does not violate the intent of Eagle's contract is clueless about Eagle's agreement and the history behind it.

It all hinges on what one considers "operational control." TSA pilot is correct if you view operational control on that level, but not the big picture. However, if you view it also/or as the ability to control where the aircraft is flown to, the time schedule, how it is used, if it has dual FMS, ACARS (as opposed to TSAs other RJs), that too is "operational control," at least in terms of our contract. However you or I views this, it doesn't really matter. It only matter what the arbitrator thinks.

Latest resources

Back