• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautauqua comes to ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok i have a question for all the ASA/Comair/everyone who has a problem with CHQ guys out there...im in no way trying to be a smarta$$..so please educate me...im from Indiana..so naturally CHQ is the hometown carrier....i have alot of friends that work there and love it..i wanted to work there...so i applied got hired and am sitting in the pool....i understand some of the things that have gone on in managment lately are not nessecarily the greatest....but im honeslty asking...what does everyone have agaist CHQ? is it the pilot group or the management...what has everyone that has ever worked at CHQ done to get such a bad rap...Its the only place i ever really wanted to work and i found everyone to be super nice and i really liked the environment...im reallt excited to start....please enlighten me??????????

My uneducated two cents

snap145 said:
but im honeslty asking...what does everyone have agaist CHQ? is it the pilot group or the management...what has everyone that has ever worked at CHQ done to get such a bad rap...Its the only place i ever really wanted to work and i found everyone to be super nice and i really liked the environment...im reallt excited to start....please enlighten me??????????

CHQ doesn't have a bad rap, except to a few loudmouths on this board who would never say anything posted here to an RAH crewmember's face. Primarily, it comes from jealousy from a rash of 18-24 month upgrades and the supposed "stealing" of "their" flying.

Some people didn't understand that the cost of scope (ie all RAH flying on the CHQ master list) was a buck or two per hour on the pay rate for the 2003 contract. Given current events within the small jet industry, I'd bet a few people would take that trade today. Also, many of these same people don't put a dollar figure on QOL items like a commuter clause and no junior manning. Sure the compensation could be better, and there could be full pay during training, but given the negotiating environment they were in (post 9/11 and post Mesa contract) and compared to what they had before, they fared pretty darn well.

The only legit complaint I've ever heard about the pilot group is that the FO pay and 70/90 seat pay sucks, because it does...but that can be negotiated up in 2007. Everything else is just whining and complaining from people that need a scapegoat because their own career progression hasn't moved the way they had hoped, expected or liked. Much of that vitrol (the underbidding of flying, etc) lies directly on the shoulders of BB and WH, not the pilot group.

BoilerUP said:
Everything else is just whining and complaining from people that need a scapegoat because their own career progression hasn't moved the way they had hoped, expected or liked.

EXACTLY!!

snap145 said:
ok i have a question for all the ASA/Comair/everyone who has a problem with CHQ guys out there...im in no way trying to be a smarta$$..so please educate me...im from Indiana..so naturally CHQ is the hometown carrier....i have alot of friends that work there and love it..i wanted to work there...so i applied got hired and am sitting in the pool....i understand some of the things that have gone on in managment lately are not nessecarily the greatest....but im honeslty asking...what does everyone have agaist CHQ? is it the pilot group or the management...what has everyone that has ever worked at CHQ done to get such a bad rap...Its the only place i ever really wanted to work and i found everyone to be super nice and i really liked the environment...im reallt excited to start....please enlighten me??????????

CHQ is no different than any other contract carrier out there, whether its Mesa, Skywest, GL, Colgan, etc...of course there will be some animosity between mainline or wholly owed and contract carriers because of 'stolen flying'.

Latest resources

Back