• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chatty co-pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to bee too much on the serious side. If I had a pilot, that I hired, blurting out nonsense to the passengers, to my boss....that crap would stop ASAP. Sounds like it is time for a serious heart to heart with the individual. This person needs to understand boundaries and how to at like a professional. If you hired this person, they represent you! So, time for a serious chat, charm school or trip behind the wood shed. You pick.

Best of luck. Drinking may help the symptoms, but it isn't a cure.

Every captain and co captain has to adapt to the other person when you have no control over whom you fly with. Its a part of your aviation career, dont crya bout it. Talk to him, tell him to pipe down, bit the bullet and go on with your life.

I think I have a solution to your problem:

1) 1 pair of panty hose
2) 1 roll of duct tape
3) Stuff the panty hose in his piehole
4) Tear off 6" of duct tape and apply forcefully across his mouth

Relax and enjoy the silence.

I think I have a solution to your problem:

1) 1 pair of panty hose
2) 1 roll of duct tape
3) Stuff the panty hose in his piehole
4) Tear off 6" of duct tape and apply forcefully across his mouth

Relax and enjoy the silence.

Wow... sounds like you have some expertise in this area!

Trace.... have u every thought that in these trying economic times the guy is scared to death to loose his job and you haven't had the decency to be a friend and tell him he doesn't have to talk so much trying so hard for you to like him.

The chances are he may not want to talk so much either but he will do anything to try an make you happy and doesn't know you would like time to sink in to oblivion.

Try being a decent kind understanding human and look at the person and not his what you think of his stature in life compared to his siblings. Goes bothe ways. If these aren't the case .... well only you know the whole story from your eyes.

I had a guy that would walk me all the way to the gate for my commute home. Irritated me to death but just wanted me to like him.

Another time the same thing was going on because the guy had 3 children and was scared to death to lose his job and thought I some how would have a say so.

We are all human. If we can't admit that we shouldn't be on the flight deck.

Don't think you have to be an A ss to be a left seater.

So far I have operated as expected and trained succesfully dealing with 4 engine failures a flight deck fire 4 nose gear problems 3 genCSD elctrical problems/shorts and amny other and I am decent to my team members and teach them how to be a decent captain later.

And by the way if it's that you are just an a ss yourself.... go f ur self then u deserve it.

Geez I can't believe I wasted minutes of my afternoon off with this.

Last edited:
A little divergent, but educational. When it comes to telling a lie, it's best to stick to the truth. Let me explain.

If you want to tell an ironclad lie or at least tell one well, you must stick to the facts. Essentially, the best way to lie is to tell the truth. For one, you won't appear as though you're lying since what you state will in fact happen to have been true and can state it repeatedly with the utmost confidence. You'll also be able to recall it prefectly in the future should you get called on it.

For instance, lets say you've a naughty penchant to cheat on your wife with a hot 20-something. It would be foolish to outright make up a story you'll forget or change the details to. Being nervous or unsure about details as you make them up will easily be detectable to the wife. Chances are your spouse will recall the details quite clearly in 8 months, too. Herein lies the danger of getting caught. Essentially, replace what didn't happen with what actually did, albeit at a different time and place, of course.

Instead of making up a story about how you were doing this or that to evade detection, recall an event and replace the transgression with the factual story. This works ohh so well. Think of a time, event or situation you were actually in and use this as the excuse. It's almost fool-proof when played correctly.

Okay... who let Bill Clinton in here?

Latest resources

Back