• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chatty co-pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell him that the FAA has extended sterile cockpit from the hotel van to FL410 and that you won't tolerate any violations.

Well I'm SOOOO sorry I am such a pain in your a$$! You know MOST people appreciate a good fart joke every now and then. That is, people that DON'T have a nose so big it HAS to be looked down upon to see people.

You know next time we fly together I might just take it to the next level and as soon as you say "V1" take my hand off the levers and put it right on your leg, and we aint talkin' the knee here. We'll see who's doing the talking then. After we clear 10,000 (and you turn back to your normal shade of yellow) I will begin to recite Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail from start to finish and, if there's time, ask you to join me in singing It's a Small World After All. Did I mention I sneeze a lot? I will never move my mic away from my face when I do so but when I'm NOT talking to you will be sure to place my mic in the airstream of the overhead vent.

I will, of course, remain professional decending below 10,000 again and eliminate all necessary conversation but I WILL call out airspeeds and altitudes and deviations from SOP at 15 second intervals. "Leaving 8 for 5, airspeed 5 over 250." And after we roll into the chocks you can BET your a$$ I'll turn to you, slap you on the back and say, "Cheated death once again, didn't we?!!"

I hope you get that I'm only kidding, to a point) we've all flown with guys we had a problem with. All the previous answers were spot on but if they all fail there is one more thing. . .

If there's something that annoys you so much about him, there's surely something YOU can do that annoys him just as much. Exploit that and have fun with it!!

I vote for the alcohol, Black Label Jack you can slip that stuff right into a cup of coffee and no one will be the wiser! If that don;t work start talkin' to him about a rather nasty rash you have developed on your pecker

Time to man up!

Perfect example of how and why things are so F’ed up. No one wants to tell the truth. Your post does not indicate that you “said anything’ to your co-pilot and still have a problem so here is how it goes #3. Leave the room; ask him to leave the room. You’re the captain, act like one. If you want a quiet cockpit, then ask for/demand one. Pretty simple. Grow some hair down there. But if you really care, find out why the guy can’t appreciate quite time. Is he insecure? Use your mentoring skills and help a brother out. No patience to do so? Then back to growing some hair; have him fired. You state you have 10,300 hours. Show us you learned something during that time and stop posting this drivel and man-up… Sheesh!

Liquor still sounds like a better idea...

It is some peoples nature to talk all the time. I don't think there's anything you can do about. I'd quit and get a FedEx Caravan job if I were you.

Perfect example of how and why things are so F’ed up. No one wants to tell the truth. Your post does not indicate that you “said anything’ to your co-pilot and still have a problem so here is how it goes #3. Leave the room; ask him to leave the room. You’re the captain, act like one. If you want a quiet cockpit, then ask for/demand one. Pretty simple. Grow some hair down there. But if you really care, find out why the guy can’t appreciate quite time. Is he insecure? Use your mentoring skills and help a brother out. No patience to do so? Then back to growing some hair; have him fired. You state you have 10,300 hours. Show us you learned something during that time and stop posting this drivel and man-up… Sheesh!

You must be confused . We are talking about a guy that needs to be on meds and you want to talk about my genitals . R U fasinated ?

Latest resources

Back