• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chatty co-pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Posts as stupid as this makes it worthwhile to log into Flightinfo.com one more time.

The guy talks too much...so Joe Commercial Pilot has us calling the Feds because he has concerns that Chatty Cathy is on a ticking bomb suicide mission from FL410.

:rolleyes:

Perfect.

Dude, first of all: you're an a$$.

Second, the captain (Trace) said his copilot blurted out something nonsensical to the pax, along the lines of keeping their lies straight when the pax were talking about the weather. Stable people don't typically do this, and copilots who want to stay employed are best not to butt into pax conversations. Just fly the airplane, stupid.

Trace also said several times that his copilot really needs meds. So maybe the guy really does need meds.

I was just offering a different opinion. If you don't like it, then don't read it. And it's entirely your choice to act like an a-hole on Flight Info. Keep up the good work.

3 Things....

Bose QC2, UFlyMike, IPOD

Sudoku, MegaSudoku, freehand C# coding... This is, in my opinion, the very worst aspect of crew flying. I don't give a rat's arse about your "awesome" car, I don't need another story about that one time at band camp, I sure as hell don't want to listen to a political diatribe- even one I fully agree with- and sorry, sir... The earth is more than a handful of millennia in age, and my body doesn't house a mystical force that needs removing via telepathy.

Shoot the chit about seeing your kid's first baseball game (fish tales are appreciated), tell me something that is eating you up from the inside so I can do the rough legs, heck- ask me a question. But when the responses aren't further queries or redirects to further the conversation? STFU!

Is his name Steve?

I don't know why, but that cracked me up.

I'm just a roll aboard dragging 121 piece of ballast, but I have done single pilot corporate ops.

My post above gave the sense that I don't want to hear regular conversation; I certainly welcome it. But rehashing the same. damned. topic. over. and over. across a 4 day trip makes me pull my eyelids over my chin and try to suffocate, especially if it wasn't solicited.

I don't really need to hear the same story you told me last week. I'd love to hear about the new fishing rod and how you pulled a bunch of fish with it, and I'd just about turn green if you told me how you finally wrangled that 427 into the 63 vette (it is very possible, trust me). But to rehash the tribulations of going 30 over bore and Cletus-who-doesn't-clean-his-nails gives you the heebie jeebies and my gosh, what a glorious thing the story of Jesus is and have you been saved? I really like doughnuts. With sprinkles. But the blue sprinkles make me nervous... like Cletus! Lemme tell you....

rrrrrrrrriiiiiiip go my eyelids.

Last edited:
Z,

You sound like you'd be a BLAST to fly with.

Seriously, I mean it.

I had a CA at ARW that told me "You've got 15 minutes this entire trip to bitch and complain - after that we're talking about football, beer and boobies".

We had a great trip!

Z,

You sound like you'd be a BLAST to fly with.

Seriously, I mean it.

I had a CA at ARW that told me "You've got 15 minutes this entire trip to bitch and complain - after that we're talking about football, beer and boobies".

We had a great trip!

Seriously? The fact that my "brief" includes ZERO DOLLARS PAID BY FO ON RONs and FULL DISCLOSURE ON PUSS CONQUESTS should make me less bored.

It doesn't.

No matter, I'm going back to the FO side and get to see how much of a flaming arsehole I was! The most difficult part of transitioning is not having the per diem to spend on the crews.

FFS, this is depressing. Thanks for the vote, though! I'll miss "make up FA names," landing contests, and the worst job in the universe when the bartender/waitress asks why we're in town...

chattty co-pilot

You the man Xman. What if he tries that and it works?

You mean if works and the guy quiets up a bit, or suddenly realizes the move was a much larger mistake? If it worked great, if it went somewhere else, well you could maybe use that script in a new movie somewhere.

Shotgun blast in the dark basically.

Cheers

I still vote for consuming copious amounts of liquor... :erm:

Latest resources

Back