Chataqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all the EMBAER pushers and drivers and 210 driver too,

Well boys sorry to get ya all stirred up! All I did was ask for some information, please see the beginning question, and all I got was grief about my conflict with a potential postion (I still havent interviewed) and I recieved no real answers to my questions except from ERJ DRVR, BTW thank you sir for your answers and helping me make an informed decision. To all the rest, there is precious little information out there about "CHAUTAUQUA"...(please note I have been working on my spelling). The company website mentions nothing in the way of pay and benfits, and the information I have found is from unofficial sources, so I take that info rather guardly (not sure if that is even a word). Yes I have issues with the pay, I have a mortgage and a family to feed, my wife isnt making big coin coin teaching youngsters to read and write (another isssue for a later time), so I MUST choose my moves carefully and make INFORMED decisions. If my chuckilng at the pay remark offended you guys...well I apologize, but I take issue with the low pay, and I am sure you guys do also since your out there earning it and deserving more.

We all have our own unique circumstances and goals, I would love to work for your airline, if I find out it is compatible with my circumstances and the airlines' needs. If not, well then that is why the interview process was developed, it is a two way street. My job isn't awful now, it still needs a lot to be desired, so I am not super motivated to run out the door. I am fortunate that I can be a choose my steps in the way I am. I know this could all end tommorow, and I could be begging for any job out there.

BTW, c210drvr....they did call me out of the blue...I dont know anyone there, also very honored they did that considering what you stated about the amount of resumes they have been intaking.

Well fellas I dont mean to sound arrogant or pompas....I am just another squirrel chasing a nut.......just looking for the right one.

Take Care and fly safe

A citaion pilot who has proven to many that he can misspell many other words including CHAUTAUQUA!

I really don't understand CHQ people.

First off, let me say that I don't think CHQ provides a bad
product. I think their crews are professional and they run a
quality airline. I've commuted on them a lot.

But what is up with the "thank you sir, may I have another"
attitude over there? Citdrver is right: the pay sucks. Admit it.
Especially second year. 2nd year FO pay is by far the most
overlooked detriment to working there. Don't give me a big rant
about how the CA pay is only a little less than Airline X. The
second year FO pay is what really stings.

Every pilot I've ever talked to there goes on and on about how
great the people (management included) are there. It's one big
family, blah, blah, blah.

Here's how their CEO feels about their pilots' concerns:
Republic Airways Holdings inked a deal with Embraer
worth about $240 million for 12 ERJ145LRs slated for
US Airways Express flying by both its airline
subsidiaries.

CEO Bryan Bedford noted that even though Chautauqua
pilots reversed a rejection of the US Airways Jets For
Jobs agreement in an effort to halt the establishment
of Republic's second regional carrier Republic
Airlines, they "were a day late and a dollar short.
The door is closed and it's beyond our ability to
reopen it."

Translation: "Shucks, my bullls**t scheme for circumventing labor
has been exposed!"

CHQ may or not be the right place for someone like Citdrver to
work, but you guys need to ease up on the kool aid over there.

PS: why is the screen width of this thread all messed up?

Last edited:
Dam you guys should become spelling teachers. I can't spell chittalka**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** either. Let me hear it boys!

Last edited:
I would venture to say that all Chautauqua pilots agree with you on the pay issues. Our current contract was signed years ago and we were all turbo props. We are in negotiations now and believe me we are not rolling over or saying thank you may I have another. A strike vote is imenint and I am very confident that is will pass overwhelmingly. We will need everyones support if we are to stop this cancer of concessions...alter egos...and fear tactics.

Latest resources

Back