Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citdrver

Hey everyone,

Well this airline called me for an interview, and I would like to know a few things if possible:

How long is reserve for the new guys?

What is the benefit package like for a family?

What are the flight benefits like for spouses (wife wants to know)?

Would you reccomend a close friend or relative to work there??

Thanks and fly safe!!

1) Do a search on here and you will find a million different answers on this subject.

2) Learn how to spell the company before you go into the interview:

CHAUTAUQUA

3) www.flychautauqua.com www.aviationinterviews.com

4) Flight benefits depend on which code share you fly with. Wife flys free on Delta no matter what code share you fly for. Free on US air if based in CMH or LGA or RIC/BUF. American benfits are $15.00 or so each way.

5) Reserve running from 1 week out of training up to three months depending on which base you choose.

6) Bases are:

MCO, RIC, GSO, BUF, BOS, LGA, STL, CMH & IND
DFW soon, BUF & RIC closing

7) Health and Dental start immediately for Pilots. Expensive for family's until one year probation up then cheap.

8) Would I recomend the job? Are you kidding? Do you have any other interviews coming up? Have you seen the aviation economy? Take any jobs that comes up.

ERJDRVR said:
Take any jobs that comes up.

Republic might be dangerous. Seems eerily similar to Freedom at Mesa. If CHQ is hiring, take it. If the interview's for Republic though, well, talk to some of the CHQ pilots flying the line before you accept GS. I would take ALMOST any job that comes up, but there's a couple I'd pass on. PFT jobs, Republic, etc might not be best. Do some research on the board if you're unfamiliar, and weigh your options.

-Boo!

BE58 Driver said:
I know pay in training is 125 dollars a week. My question is when do you start getting paid for real?

Your pay kicks in 40 days after you start training (Seniority Date). From then on your on the payroll.

Just a quick clarification...

BOS is the only base that is closing as of now. RIC is being reduced to about half.

BUF and GSO will be opening in Aug 2003.:D

Thanks

Thanks folks for the info.........I will work on the spelling. I have an interview in June and want to know as much as I can before hand. It is going to be a tough decsion if I ma offered this job, but I should wait to see if they even offer me the job! Ok I am stopping now less I jinx myself............Toodles and thanks again!

When you get a job somewhere else

I like it!! That is my biggest hang up with CHQ, I can stomach a first year at 20K a year, but I need something a bit better in the second year. Two years in a row making 20-25K just isn't my idea of a good time. Maybe I'll go sell insurance.......anyone need any car insurance.......arrgh!

Take care

Latest resources

Back