Chaos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cowboy75

I keep hearing something about Chaos. Is this a plan that USAPA has about getting a better contract for all US Airways pilots? I think it is simply a diversion to mask the failures of Cleary and gang.

Tell me USAPA cheerleaders, how is Chaos going to benefit the pilots of US Airways? How do you plan on conducting..........uh, chaos?

Good luck.

There will be no CHAOS. Absent a release from NMB it's illegal and in any case no Westies will participate. Just more useless chest-thumping from the East.

There will be no CHAOS. Absent a release from NMB it's illegal and in any case no Westies will participate. Just more useless chest-thumping from the East.

That noise I was hearing was chest thumping. I think I have heard it before.

YAWN

All above correct

Additionally, it is something that is only permissable after an impass has been declared. It is the equivilent of a strike, but much more fun, while being much less financially harmful to the participants.

US Airways is nowhere near this point in negotiations, and it would be considered an illegal job action.

keep in mind that in this ecomony the company could replace each striking worker on a one off basis. It would essentially lock out specific individuals and replace them on the spot. Don't think that any company wouldn't jump at that opportunity.

That's why part of the new contract is a reinstatement of all fired strikers aka "hostages" with full longevity and seniority. Additionally, while you are a hostage, the union pays you and you become a full time strike assistant.

I appreciate the responses. Bottom line, I think the only CHAOS we have seen is the chaos USAPA created for the pilot group.

CHAOS (properly executed) seems to have proven historically more effective, both on a cost-basis, and threat basis than a full-scale strike.

Latest resources

Back