Changes at K & S 737 Type School? Pls confirm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

I heard changes had occurred at K & S Aviation in PHX. They provide 737 types and use to do ground training and sim training in PHX.

I heard the sim has moved and now after the ground school, students must fly (don't know if it is at their own expense or not) to SEA or somewhere else for 737 sim training.

Can anyone who has attended recently confirmed?

Thanks in advance.

I did my type with them 2 years ago and used the sim in PHX. If you were doing training on the NG you had to go somewhere else though, so maybe that is what is going on here. Pretty good bang for your buck, and not a pay your C, get your B attitude. I enjoyed it, and the challenge.

The AWA 737 sim in PHX has been gone for over a year so they certainly have to go somewhere else.

TWAdude and others,

Thanks for the intel. I knew the original SWA owners had sold sometime ago and some changes occurred but then I heard that the AWA sim had left too so it added another change to the course. Having the ground school and sim all in one place would certainly be better than having to shift gears and pick up and move, at least IMHO.

The discussion came up in the cockpit and I was just wanting to confirm. Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back