• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change in CX interview Process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the history behind the red and green cup?

Just curious what the latest is over there. I began to fill out the online app yesterday, I haven't even finished it yet, and already today (by 9:30am est) I have received a message from Cathay pilot recruiting. I applied a few years ago and it took six months to hear back from them. Now I don't even get the chance to finish applying before I get a call. Granted my experience and quilifications have grown, but wow.

Guys over there still enjoy it?

The re usable cups seem to be a good idea....using re usable plastic cups instead of one use polystyrene ones. The colors were just to distinguish between the two when you sent the cabin crew with your cups for refills. They are color coded red and green for Captain and F/O (think nav lights, left red and right green). There are also blue and yellow cups, these are intended for the relief pilot (blue) and SO (yellow). What started as a good idea, evolved into a sense of entitlement for some pricks that have nothing else in life except being a Cathay COMMANDER!!!

Mayday.

Just curious what the latest is over there. I began to fill out the online app yesterday, I haven't even finished it yet, and already today (by 9:30am est) I have received a message from Cathay pilot recruiting. I applied a few years ago and it took six months to hear back from them. Now I don't even get the chance to finish applying before I get a call. Granted my experience and quilifications have grown, but wow.

Guys over there still enjoy it?

Try PPRUNE for the latest.

Mayday

Try PPRUNE for the latest.

Mayday

I checked it out and do see a bunch of complaining, The problem is that it seems it is a few people doing most of the complaining, and the majority of them are Brits or Aussies. I am kind of looking for an American perspective (and U.S. based as well) as our experiences and expectations have been destroyed in the post 9/11 world. Wondering what someone who has spent a few years flying for a U.S. regional would say about Cathay, and that seems to be hard to find on pprune.

Thanks

Well Med, it's way better than eva. At O8, if you are not type rated, you have to pay for your rating. But not at Cathay.

C ya at the avi8ter.

There are also blue and yellow cups, these are intended for the relief pilot (blue) and SO (yellow). What started as a good idea, evolved into a sense of entitlement for some pricks that have nothing else in life except being a Cathay COMMANDER!!!

Mayday.

You've just offended some of the relief guys mate. They get the YELLOW cup and the poor peon S/O get the 'baby blue'.

Enjoy your "white coffee".

Last edited:
You've just offended some of the relief guys mate. They get the YELLOW cup and the poor peon S/O get the 'baby blue'.

Enjoy your "white coffee".

If the S/O is female she made be offended by the blue cup, but then again............

Latest resources

Back