Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chances of getting hired at NJA.... especially after new TA passes.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

-FlyAuburn-

Hey folks. This is my first post on this website, but I've been following NJA and the new TA very closely for a number of months.

I sent in a resume in late October and received a packet in about 1 week. I just recently completed the app/packet and overnighted it via FedEx about 1 week ago.

My total time is around 3400 hours, I'm an ATP and I meet all the mins. I have about 1600 turbine, about half of which is PIC. I also have a CE-500 type rating and fly as a Co-Captain and Captain for an Air Ambulance operation in a Citation Bravo.

My questions are 1. How competitive am I, especially after the new TA with those qualifications? And 2. How long do you think it will be before I receive word back and do you think it will be longer after the new TA than normal?

At least I got my packet in before the vote though, so maybe that counts for something.

Thanks for any input!

Welcome to flightinfo FlyAuburn. The good news is that you have received an application packet. I know of some that haven't even made it that far. Your experience is similar to many. I was flying corporate on a CE-500 when I got hired w/ NJA. The typical timeframe from sending in your resume to being hired
runs approx. 6 months. It was smart that you fedexed your application last week. If this thing passes you will be ahead of the huge influx of apps.
being sent. I remember reading something about apps. being done online. May be someone else can chime in. Good luck and feel free to pm me w/ any questions you may have.

I think your just as competitive as most. I interviewed Nov. 17 and most of the guys in my interview class all had about the exact same time and experience as you. I think your in pretty good shape. It's hard to speak about what's to happen after this TA passes. I do know the applicant pile is certainly getting deeper.....good luck!!

Thanks for the info guys! Sounds like I'm in good shape, now just time to hurry up and wait. jet600, how long after you sent your app packet in did you get an acceptance email and how long after the email did you get an interview? Also, after the email what is the usual course of events? Do they get back to you with possible interview dates etc. or what exactly? Thanks a bunch!

My situation was a little different than most guys. I actually sent my stuff in Sep. 06 and was called for an interview of Jan 07. I had to continually defer my interview due to military stuff. Finally, I interviewed in Nov.07 for a class date in Jan 08. I know this doesnt help answer your question....this was my experience however.....

FlyAuburn,

I think you are competitive. Don't be suprised if it takes 6 months to get an interview, like the other guys said.

Good luck.

Hi!

Most of the people interviewing NOW, were notified they were in the interview pool 3 months ago.

HOWEVER, it's now all the window. The 1-5 bases you put down are all gone, as is the aircraft openings per each base.

The number of applicants each week will probably go up.

There is no way to know how long it will take to get guys into interview-everyone will have to wait and see.

Good luck to all of you trying to get to NJA!

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back