Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cody_V

FL030
Just a general poll to see if faced w/ the choice who is the better.

neither!!!!!

Hey if you really fly an RJ, then god damn it stay in it! that is current EFIS equipment. yes it is an RJ, but trust me unless your company goes ch11 and you have no choice then go with champion. only because that company is better than the tiolet that amerijet is. there is a thread in the cargo section that will slap you to reality with regards to amerijet. champion would be the lesser of two evils. not a knock on anyone at champion, but if you are flying newer equipment i dont see the logic to going to fly something that hardly anyone flies anymore. now unless its a choice between unemployment or home depot.....then go to msp!

Thanks for the info, unfortunatley I flew for Ind. Air and well, you know the story. Now I fly for a 135 bottom feeder and I fear for my ticket. I really don't want to start over in the regionals since this situation presents itself an opportunity to get into narrow bodies and besides, I wouldn't know which one to go to with confidence.
Thanks again for the info.

Paper or plastic?

Don't know Champion per se, but I can tell you this much- ANY and EVERY Miami-based cargo company is a scumbag operation, and you'll end up being pretty miserable over there. Amerijet has a reputation of being one of the scummier operations.

I thought I'd give it a shot, but after experiencing first hand how absolutely s#itty life gets in that dump, I myself am heading back to the regionals. All the money in the world dosen't help when you're surrounded by miserable washouts and scabs, which I'd say makes up the vast majority of the flight crews down there. Not all (there are some exceptional people down there) but most.

Besides, after clearing clearing Customs in Miami a few times, you'll wish you could just put a bullet in your brain.

But then again, if you're of latin descent, and English is your second language, it might not be so bad... it's a huge good ol boys club.

I've tried to tear myself from the airline industry and am considering the fractionals, I am having a hard time staying away from it all. I think that Champion maybe the winner in this decision. When it comes down to it, Champion is like a regional that flies 727's. Even in the interview they said it's not a place to retire at, but in a few years get you some place you can. There is also the prosepect of A320's which could bring about better contracts. Who knows, this whole aviation industry is a bit of a crap shoot, if I analyzed every company out there, I'd probably just quit altogether!

I have a few friends that got their first "jet" job as an F.O. coming from a 135 turboprop operation, and they don't hate it. And the pay is decent. Now, there is a lot of work. They are not complaining. One of them got upgraded within a year to a captain slot.
In the other side, I don't know anybody in Champion but if you do a search on Champion Air, You won't find anything positive.
Make sure you do a search in flightinfo before you adventure in that direction.

Scube

Latest resources

Back