Champion Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Champion's not a major.

Probably wrong forum and a moderator getting overzealous and deleting it instead of moving it to the regionals forum which is probably closer to what their airline is classified in.

Champion's not regional, try 135 charter.

Their interviewing for FE position and I asked them how long the upgrade is, and they told me that they have no idea. $32/hr flying sideways, I said "no thanks".

Last edited:
How will NWA's bankruptcy impact Champion?

MED said:

Their interviewing for FE position and I asked them how long the upgrade is, and they told me that they have no idea. $32/hr flying sideways, I said "no thanks".

I have found Champion-related threads in the Cargo section of these boards believe it or not. I don't think there is a lot of upward mobility - you might sit on the panel for years.

Given that they are owned by NWA, who knows how that will impact Champion with the bankruptcy.... Not the best job security at this point I would say. But the 727 is a great aircraft to fly and getting some experience (as long as you could get off the panel relatively soon) might be worthwhile.

Heavy Set said:
Not the best job security at this point I would say. But the 727 is a great aircraft to fly and getting some experience (as long as you could get off the panel relatively soon) might be worthwhile.
Oh yeah, and that 727 experience has REALLY helped both you AND me get better jobs... The only reason I got the job I have now is because I had EFIS/FMS Lear experience, not anything to do with my 727 time.

It's a dying aircraft. If you want to move up in the world, find a job you can get to the left seat of a turbine aircraft quickly - I don't think Champion's it.

Heavy Set said:
Given that they are owned by NWA, who knows how that will impact Champion with the bankruptcy....

Not true. NWA sold their interest in CA a few years ago. That said, there are some NWA management types that sit on the CA BOD.

Nu

Well, my minds made up. Upon further research I did find that I would have to sit sideways for awhile. . . no thanks, why leave a right seat glass position. I have more going for me here. For the time being anyways. Thanks for the input.

MED said:

Eh...wrong . Try 121 Supplemental

NuGuy said:
Not true. NWA sold their interest in CA a few years ago. That said, there are some NWA management types that sit on the CA BOD.

Not exaclty true. It was an owner financed sell. The story goes...Five member of upper managment supposedly purchased the company but in the last two years..3 of those management members have been fired. Which brings the question of how do you fire an owner. This was just a shift on paper to get around something in the NWA contract and I think it was a scope issue. Meanwhile NWA still calls the shots on what Champion will do and what markets they will try to enter.

As far as what life is like there...do a SERACH and read some of my old post.

As far as the interview process goes..I think they are just doing a "get to know you" type of interview and maybe some selected technical questions. If the interview is running like it did for the last new hire class, there will NO sim and a small sales pitch to get you to come to work there.

DFW is closing as a base come the end of the year and several guys are looking for other jobs as a result.

Latest resources

Back