Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger & Global Order. New planes for who?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt it's NJ because they're trying to streamline the fleet. The purchase of the Phoem 300 was choosen as a replacement equipment. I don't see the Global's replacing the G series. I'm also betting the that NJ China aircraft will be flown by chinese pilots.

Most likely a foriegn buyer.

I doubt it's NJ because they're trying to streamline the fleet. The purchase of the Phoem 300 was choosen as a replacement equipment. I don't see the Global's replacing the G series. I'm also betting the that NJ China aircraft will be flown by chinese pilots.

You dont see things well then.

When the GV and Global are parked nose to nose in the Hangar at NJA, the Global looks bigger.

I think you are right about the China operation.

The Phenom replaces 4 light jets-Ultra, HS 400XP, Encore, and Encore+. A Challenger 300 might replace both the G200 and Falcon 2000. A Global could replace all Gulfstream products (NJA has 4 different G models). Supposedly cheaper than the G 650 too. Seems like a significant step towards streamlining to me. Besides, what a shot at RTS this would be changing direction away from Gulfstream to Bombardier.

Possible fleet make up: EMB 300, XLS, CE 680, CE 750/TEN, Challenger 300, Global. Beechcraft goes way completely. Six types and three OEMs. Definitely streamlined compared to present fleet/OEM composition. And who knows what the future brings with Embraer.

If NJA has any role in China, NJA pilots will make up a significant portion. Scope clause will apply. Then again, a NJME, NJE, EJM type of set up may be possible. I'm not well versed on that issue, and I'll not waste time with that one till we are faced with that problem.

Last edited:
I don't think scope will be the reason for non-Chinese pilots. Training and image will prevail. Do you really think rich owners would accept pilots from China? Not for a while anyway.
Helm

I don't think scope will be the reason for non-Chinese pilots. Training and image will prevail. Do you really think rich owners would accept pilots from China? Not for a while anyway.
Helm

There's a precedent for this. NJE was intially manned with pilots from the US. Maybe not all, but NJ will need to establish their corporate culture in China and they will need NJ pilots for that. I really don't expect this to trigger any recalls based on what they're saying about staffing right now. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
There's a precedent for this. NJE was intially manned with pilots from the US. Maybe not all, but NJ will need to establish their corporate culture in China and they will need NJ pilots for that. I really don't expect this to trigger any recalls based on what they're saying about staffing right now. Unfortunately.

How many US pilots were used to start NJME?

If you think the Chinese government is going to let US pilots come over, and fly around Chinese businessmen, in Chinese airspace...... I think you have never done business in China before.

Culture will be established by management alone would be my bet.

Latest resources

Back