• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 300 $$$$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 300 is an OUTSTANDING aircraft. I could easily be happy flying one for the rest of my career. Pay should be in the 90K-120K range, depending on background and location.

As for legacydriver, what a quack. If I had to fly any RJ, much less a jungle jet for the rest of my life, I think I'd just pack it in...

I guarantee the ERJ--not to mention the Legacy which kicks ass--is better than anything built in f'ing Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mach .80 for 3000 NM? Woopie do. The Legacy does that all day long and with a LOT MORE cabin space. How big is that puny baggage compartment on the 300 again? HA. *eyeroll*

How light do you have to be in a 604 to get to FL410? That's what I thought.

Yer just pissed because you know I'm right.

My former Program Manager on the Legacy at my old job flies the CL-300 now and he says he would take the Legacy every time over it. And he's flown 'em all. With his backup I could give a rip what some anonymous "sizer" has to say.

In all seriousness though, enjoy it. That's what this is all about any way and I'm glad you found your ride. I feel the same about the Legacy. Would fly it forever without a complaint. All the best. <S>

Last edited:
This is exactly why I debated so much about posting a reply to your comments. Actually I deleted my first response as not to entice any futher posts from you.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and bash the legacy, it's the one thing that I hate reading most on this board.

What surprises me is that you don't understand that what you say here does nothing positive for your character in the eyes of other members.

This is exactly why I debated so much about posting a reply to your comments. Actually I deleted my first response as not to entice any futher posts from you.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and bash the legacy, it's the one thing that I hate reading most on this board.

What surprises me is that you don't understand that what you say here does nothing positive for your character in the eyes of other members.

Read it as somewhat tongue-in-cheek and you'll realize it isn't meant as badly as you are taking it.

Listen, if I offended you I'm sorry. Was just having a little fun in response to being called a "quack." If I can handle being called a quack and a crappy pilot, etc., etc., etc., then I think you can handle me poking fun at an inanimate object.

Thanks for the highroad reply, regardless. <S>

We evaluated the Challenger 300 for our operation and decided to go with the Hawker 4000 instead. It seemed to be a more complete airplane.

Specific items that we didn't like on the CL 300 included the fact that it is a GPS only airplane with no IRSs available, it has a puny environmental system with one pack and a trim air valve, and passenger ammenities are minimal with a tiny galley.

And, of course, we are already familiar with famed Bombardier support.

Cost of 300 type

It is rather expensive to buy 300 type!

If you work for large 135 or similar operator of course you have deal with training providers!

Price anywhere between 27000k to 37000k depending which provider! FSI of course more expensive!

Biggest problem is actually getting Slot for training! First available Initial slot 2009, until you lucky to get someone elses slot, due to cancelletation!

Their first priority is to training and provide class dates for new airplane buyers!

I think its fair to say this is how 99% of this board feels.

Its rather odd behavior. Is this really how one has fun?

Per the Stanton Report a Capt. makes from 73,000 to 116,000. Easy airplane for Type and to fly.

6 months flying the plane and I love it. No trouble in crosswinds that I've found. It does like to float if you flare too much, a technique which I seem to have perfected.

The only gripe I have is the location of the pax oxy manual drop switch. It's next to the APU and engine start switches and can easily be mistaken for them if you don't look at the switch you're reaching for. Many CL30 drivers have dropped the jungle by mistake. Once you figure out how to repack the masks it's not a big deal however.;)

6 months flying the plane and I love it. No trouble in crosswinds that I've found. It does like to float if you flare too much, a technique which I seem to have perfected.

The only gripe I have is the location of the pax oxy manual drop switch. It's next to the APU and engine start switches and can easily be mistaken for them if you don't look at the switch you're reaching for. Many CL30 drivers have dropped the jungle by mistake. Once you figure out how to repack the masks it's not a big deal however.;)
Take the lid off of a coke bottle and cover the O2 knob. Looks ghetto but its no worse than dealing with the rubber jungle.

Latest resources

Back