Challenger 300 $$$$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JoePa

Trying to get a feel for Challenger 300 captians pay in the northeast, part 91. any help would be great. hows the plane? automation? fun to fly? could have done better? thanks

I'm flying a 300 now out west. I don't have any idea what the pay rate out east is. It seems that the 300 pay is about the same as the 604. Some places more being that there are a number of planes and not a whole lot of pilots. I know contract rates are pretty high as a result.

As for the plane...it's pretty good. Not really any weird issues. The avionics is the Proline 21, seen in many other aircraft and very capable. The performance is as advertised. It cruises in the low 40's at max gross most every day. I have been flying it for 2+ years and I think that every 300 driver you will ask will say the same thing...we love it. Does it have it's short falls, sure...not unlike every plane, but I think it comes closer to hitting the mark than any other aircraft I have flown.

Getting a training slot is a pain. The guys at Bombardier in Dallas are great. Most have actual time in the plane, some where even part of the original test group. They know it like the back of their hand.

Short falls...well it's a Bombardier product. Fighting with them regarding service center visits for inspections goes with the territory. Luckily it doesn't break down so you don't have to deal with them all that often. (Knock on wood!) The newer serial numbers have IFIS (Jepp charts) and a new interior that is suppose to be quieter. Some things that still need attention is the whole electric hydraulic pump mess. It's not a big deal, but there hasn't been a big push from Bombardier to come up with a solution other than a couple of bandaids. It's more procedural, but in reality they need to make a change to a new pump.

If you have any specific questions let me know...also the Flex guys on the fractional board will have alot more detailed info it you want to pick their brains. I have had some specific questions and they have been happy to help and are a great resource...good guys.

Good luck with the new gig...you will love the plane!

Trying to get a feel for Challenger 300 captians pay in the northeast, part 91. any help would be great. hows the plane? automation? fun to fly? could have done better? thanks

The CL-300 rocks!! Capt pay starts at 110k average. It is an amazing aircraft and I hope it is supported! Rum

Thanks for the info. sounds great. i don't have anything as of the moment, just getting my ducks in a row. lucky enough to have options! thanks again

The CL-300 rocks!! Capt pay starts at 110k average. It is an amazing aircraft and I hope it is supported! Rum

Koolaid drinker. :D

At least it isn't a Falcon. ;) Just kidding--sorta. I'm not particularly impressed by it for various reasons, but the guys I know who fly it seem to like it "okay." My main impression with it was, "How many levers do they need to put on this seat for adjustment?" Took me ten minutes to find the right one to do what I wanted. Can you even open the side windows?

Last edited:
Who let Legacydriver out of his cage? I have read numerous posts from you over the years...I may have the title wrong, but "Legacy Bashing" comes to mind.

Anyone who has spent any time on this board knows your opinion, and most likely doesn't value it for the paper they wiped their a$$ with this morning.

Honestly, if someone posts a genuine question regarding the Legacy, I would expect nothing more than a well written and very informative response from you...but do you really need to litter all of the other threads here with your completely invalid remarks...seat levers and side windows...Seriously?

Move on.

Who let Legacydriver out of his cage? I have read numerous posts from you over the years...I may have the title wrong, but "Legacy Bashing" comes to mind.

Anyone who has spent any time on this board knows your opinion, and most likely doesn't value it for the paper they wiped their a$$ with this morning.

Honestly, if someone posts a genuine question regarding the Legacy, I would expect nothing more than a well written and very informative response from you...but do you really need to litter all of the other threads here with your completely invalid remarks...seat levers and side windows...Seriously?

Move on.

Well said pilotguy...there isn't much wrong with the 300.

I honestly wish people wouldn't get on here and bash airplanes like they do...aka Legacydriver. We can all find somethings that we don't like about any airplane. We understand you like the Legacy....big deal.

I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy unlike others here....

Relax guys it wasn't a bash.

Just an opinion. I wasn't particularly impressed with it but having never flown it my opinion is uninformed. My initial impression of it was, "Why is everyone so worked up over this thing?" No big deal. As I said, those who I know with experience in it liked it okay so...

Latest resources

Back