Chalks Ocean Airways Plane Plummets into the Ocean

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig said:
A bunch of nonsense being sharted out of the boob tube from everywhere. Highlighting a friggin' main underwater, what tower do they talk to, are they in fact regulated... explosions...

Folks are dead, including CHILDREN. Kids, man. Gives me chills. And the brilliant stuffed shirts are searching for the most breathless Geraldopuke to soundbite.

KIDS. One of them was an infant.

First revenue crash involving passengers.

As the father of a 4 yr old and 4 mo. old, I feel for the families.

I would ask all of you to pray for my friend, too, who was the copilot on this flight.

Thank you.

AIR2MUD said:
As the father of a 4 yr old and 4 mo. old, I feel for the families.

I would ask all of you to pray for my friend, too, who was the copilot on this flight.

Thank you.

Your friend, passengers, crew, their families and my good friend who was the Capt in the 1994 accident will be in all our prayers. God speed.

Hey Gulfstream,
Take a valium, have a martini and relax. I wasn't making the point of paraphrasing an inaccurate press report for the hell of it. The press making assumptions, inaccurate reports can lead to incorrect perceptions of the aviation industry. For instance, this idiot (Sciavo, the one that wrote a very controversial book about airline safety) a former manager of the NTSB (NOT a field officer or investigator) is using Fox as her vehicle to make an OP/ED on national TV. That just really PISSES me off and serves absolutely no one. Not the deceased, not the investigation, not a damned thing. The media jumps on the first thing that they hear and interviews non-credible eyewitnesses do nothing but trump one another for ratings. I find it disgusting and distasteful.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

SELCAL checks said:
Amateur video footage on CNN...

Looks like an explosion and separation of a wing/engine.

dang shame.

Yup, pretty much looks like that.............

Since so many of you guys were so nice a few years ago when a couple of my buddies were killed in a 1900 off of HYA I will say god bless to the crew and pax. Heard the news from my parents this afternoon finally got to see the video on TV a few minutes ago. It looks pretty bad. As of about 230 AM East Coast time Headline News is reporting that 19 bodies have been recovered. I saw Chalkes in Jan of 2001 in Walkers Cay Bahamas. Thought it was a pretty cool job where you can land on water and then taxi up the boat ramp to let the pax off. Anyways I have no idea who that crew was, but I hope it wasn't them.

Let me preface this question with a statement....I understand basic aerodynamics/balance issues and whatnot, but I am curious, from you aerodynamic folks, if you lose a wing is there any possible way to control any axis?

I have a Cessna 340 and often find myself flying and sitting there wondering what I would/could do if I lost a wing other than NOTHING (the Cessna 400s and the loss of a wing thing AD get me wondering).

Latest resources

Back