Chalks Ocean Airways Plane Plummets into the Ocean

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,
Very sad indeed, and the media is doing it's usual terrible reporting of aviation accidents. MSNBC is reporting the aircraft type as a Grumman HU-16E Albatross. Chalks only flies the Mallard and hasn't operated the Albatross in years.

Kaman said:
Hello,
Very sad indeed, and the media is doing it's usual terrible reporting of aviation accidents. MSNBC is reporting the aircraft type as a Grumman HU-16E Albatross. Chalks only flies the Mallard and hasn't operated the Albatross in years.

At this point, I don't care what they are reporting...

I would ask all of you to pray for those who have been lost. It has been confirmed that my close friend, former coworker, and all-around outstanding guy was onboard as copilot. No word on whether he made it out or not.

Please say an extra prayer for him, initials PD.

Thank you.

Very sad.

Back around 1991, I was told I would have a spot in the next newhire class. Unfortunately, the Chief Pilot was killed shortly thereafter in a crash off of Key West . . . and that was the end of that.

I saw the Fox News coverage, I have to say, Shepard Smith was doing a good job- refraining from speculation, asking intelligent questions . . . . of course, then, they had to turn it over to someone a little more breathless.

Do you know the name's of the pilots????? I worked with a few of them at Brown's Seaplane Base..... Please post their names.

Waco

I think posting the names of the pilots is a bad idea, at least until things are confirmed. Let's make sure the loved one's are informed though the proper channels.

Wacopilot said:
Do you know the name's of the pilots????? I worked with a few of them at Brown's Seaplane Base..... Please post their names.

Waco

Check your PM's.

Kaman said:
Hello,

Who gives a f**K?

Lets all not start chiming in about the inaccuracies of every newscaster over the freakin' type of aircraft, etc....

Ty Webb said:
I saw the Fox News coverage, I have to say, Shepard Smith was doing a good job- refraining from speculation, asking intelligent questions . . . . of course, then, they had to turn it over to someone a little more breathless.

A bunch of nonsense being sharted out of the boob tube from everywhere. Highlighting a friggin' main underwater, what tower do they talk to, are they in fact regulated... explosions...

Folks are dead, including CHILDREN. Kids, man. Gives me chills. And the brilliant stuffed shirts are searching for the most breathless Geraldopuke to soundbite.

KIDS. One of them was an infant.

First revenue crash involving passengers.

They flew right by my condo today on the way out. A "credible" eyewitness saw a wing depart and in she went.

RIP

Latest resources

Back