CFII (Initial) Checkride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
24 Hours of FTD time. 15 in the instrument program and 9 in the commercial program.

The reduced program for the commercial is a PITA. Stage 1 is a ton of VFR cross countries. It sucks. Stage 2 is maneuvers in a 152 (or 172 depending on weight). Stage 3 is in the 172RG for 8.5 hours then the stage check for 1.5. Then you have a check ride with a DPE or "retired FSDO inspector".

It really should only take a month tops...you can do the stage 1 in a week...stage 2 in a week or so and stage 3 is only like 6 flights, so....no biggie....for some reason I've been in the program for 5 months. Oh yeah...I know why...I had to wait a month for a stage 1 stage check (it was a cross country with a diversion).......yep...a month...32 days...

okay I'm done

-mini

-mini

So how many hours total in The commercial course?

Spartan has like 120 hours minimum requirement, spread out over 6 stages. BS i tell you! WHy the hell couldn't i have met you sooner - why the hell didn't you mention anything sooner? ;)

Props to mini on a job well done! Props to Vladimir (or not) for the most repulsive avatar known to man.

-Goose

Now that I'm back.... GREAT NEWS, MINI!!!! I'm glad to see you did well. Next time you're flying through MFD, let me know and lunch is on me at the Turtle :)

CFI-I Initial

minitour said:
We flew the ILS 17R at OKC (fairly simple approach when you've got ADF and DME) . . . .
Flew over the Tuloo OM, did you? :)

Congratulations! You took the road I took, earning CFI-I as my initial and adding the others later.

Just wondering who was your examiner. I earned all of my ratings when I lived in OKC and was curious.

mattpilot said:
So how many hours total in The commercial course?

Spartan has like 120 hours minimum requirement, spread out over 6 stages. BS i tell you! WHy the hell couldn't i have met you sooner - why the hell didn't you mention anything sooner? ;)

70 hrs total in the CSE course (the "short" course). That includes three stage checks (1.5 each), 9 hours of sim time (FTD) and 1 hour instrument "review" flight.

bobby: Yep...tuloo to the MAP was forever long...hella slow ground speed headin south...fun checkride...PM me if you wanna know who the examiner was...

all: Thanks for the kind words...rumor has it I might be able to get the CMEL and CFI done tomorrow, so I'm off to study critical engines and "vector resolution" :eek:

-mini

minitour said:
70 hrs total in the CSE course (the "short" course). That includes three stage checks (1.5 each), 9 hours of sim time (FTD) and 1 hour instrument "review" flight.

-mini

DUDE! tell us the name of the school & from what airport they operate from.

Its to late for me, but not for some of my buddies....

gawd.... 70 hours? i'm seriously getting ripped off. Fawk this!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back