• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats mini!

Kream926 said:
huh....

this is news to me

spartan sucks, don't it? :( There ripping us off every possible way. www.cat13.com for some more pesimistic stuff

On a different note, did you hear the grupe-chinese story? :) Funny shat! Incase you missed it, pm me.

Congrats man...I bet it feels great to get that over with. I hope to be in your shoes come late summer early fall. Unless you care to copy your lesson plan book and fax it over to me. Maybe than I can be in your shoes late spring early summer =)

minitour said:
two to three degree turns to keep the LOC centered and 100RPM increases or decreases if you need to keep the GS centered...good...we'll get you signed off in no time (he actually chuckled at that one)"

ah, that's grrreat...i may have to use that on my ATP ride

Congrats on the rides folks! To answer the question, you don't have to do the CFI first, you can do the CFII first, MEI first, whatever. But whichever one, you do have to do the first one with the feds unless they delegate it to a DE. The feds are a pain in the arse. :)

minitour said:
Part 141 baby.....oh yeah :D

Actually going into the checkride, my TT (I don't put FTD time in TT column in my logbook...if I need it later, I'll add it in for the 8710 or application) was 182.6 (haven't updated online since I added in my time past the CSEL ride).

AH!...So, you have FTD time, in addition to the aircraft flight time you are quoting! That's what's causing the confusion...you aren't telling about the FTD time...How much? Just curious, and I want to know more about the "reduced training time" program where you are.

nosehair said:
AH!...So, you have FTD time, in addition to the aircraft flight time you are quoting! That's what's causing the confusion...you aren't telling about the FTD time...How much? Just curious, and I want to know more about the "reduced training time" program where you are.

24 Hours of FTD time. 15 in the instrument program and 9 in the commercial program.

The reduced program for the commercial is a PITA. Stage 1 is a ton of VFR cross countries. It sucks. Stage 2 is maneuvers in a 152 (or 172 depending on weight). Stage 3 is in the 172RG for 8.5 hours then the stage check for 1.5. Then you have a check ride with a DPE or "retired FSDO inspector".

It really should only take a month tops...you can do the stage 1 in a week...stage 2 in a week or so and stage 3 is only like 6 flights, so....no biggie....for some reason I've been in the program for 5 months. Oh yeah...I know why...I had to wait a month for a stage 1 stage check (it was a cross country with a diversion).......yep...a month...32 days...

okay I'm done

-mini

-mini

gkrangers said:
When intercepting the BC today I treated it like a LOC...Oops!

Everything else was good besides that...I just forgot :( (Been 2 weeks since I've flown, but still...I just wasnt thinking.)

Employ your II wisdom upon me Mini.

Mini doesn't work for free!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back