Cfi renwal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jimmyw

The last 3 times I've renewed my CFI was with Gleim online.It has been fine. Just wanted some input from some others using JEPP or AOPA or others providers for renewals. Thanks

I had always used Jepp but switched to Gleim this year. I liked the Gleim course better.

I too prefer Gleim. The best part about it is that you can finish it in one day if you really work for it. Basically just fly though the outlines and practice questions. Print or open the outline in a different window and take the exam.

I open the outline in a seperate window and use the 'Find' thingy to seach for keywords in the exam question. I finished my Gleim Renewal in about 6-7 hoursish. I also opted for their $25 ACR? option. Basically you just put all the required things in the mail and they send you a temporary certificate until the real one shows up.

American Flyers is one cost per life but I would rather pay 100 bucks for ease of completion.

You can always renew it for free at the FSDO, just bring in the old certificate, a gov. issued photo ID, completion paperwork and an 8710 form. They will sign you a temp on the spot. I believe most FSDO's now want call prior to coming down as they are beefing up security.

...also if you did happen to have 10 students pass their checkride (80% pass rate) the FAA will renew ur CFI with no school/course required. I believe it has to be within 12 months.

Latest resources

Back