Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scubabri

Junior Mint
Any last words of wisdom? I am so nervous, I am sick. I've studied and studied more, yet there is so much info that I can't recall without some sort of aid. I am hoping that this won't fail me.

Anyway, crossing my fingers.

b

Relax,Relax,Relax........ Your brain is full. The information will come when asked..
Good Luck
FD

CFI Practical

If you're not ready by now, you'll never be ready.

THIS MORNING, give everything the once-over. Make sure your materials are organized. Make sure your 8710 and other paperwork is organized. THIS AFTERNOON, take a nap, watch a ballgame, movie, etc. THIS EVENING, eat a good meal. TONIGHT, go to bed early.

Good luck with your practical. Write back to tell us what was covered, how it went., etc.

I agree...the worst thing you can do is freak out about it. I know many people say they had these crazy 6-8 hour orals but as long as you know your stuff...or know where to look for it...your oral will be short and sweet. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions of the examiner, such as asking his "professional" opinion on what he might do in a situation with a student. That may lead to a nice long story and it will also show him that you're really interested in learning to be a good intructor.
I also agree with bobbysamd....make sure your 8710 is in good shape, i.e. typed out. And make sure you have all of your endorsements...especially the oft forgotten 61.39 60-day endorsement.
Best of luck.

john

Take a break from studying, you won't be able to memorize any more before monday. Bring every reference book you can think of. You won't know everything, just have a way of finding it.

My test wasn't bad at all, the oral was less than 3 hours and the hardest part was carrying the 3 bags of books back to the airplane. The exmaminer already knows you can fly since you've got the commercial, you just have to teach it now.

Mostly just relax, get some sleep, eat a good breakfast and put a few beers in the cooler for after the test.

Thanks for all the good advice.. I'm just gonna brush up on a couple things that I'm a little weak on and then I'm gonna watch a movie.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes.... by the way, the checkride will probably be the easy part compared to trying to find a job after ;)

b

Scubabri,

Best of luck!

As an aside, I bought something from you off ebay. I can't remember what now, but it was aviation related. I gave you positive feedback :D

cool.. I don't remember what either.. maybe it was a testprep. I like ebay.. not so much now that I am a starving soon to be CFI ;)

b

You've done the work, right?

Now you get to show that you really do know all of that stuff.

Just keep your head and take it a step at a time.

I'm waiting to hear how well you did. Do it to it.

Latest resources

Back