Cessna 206 vs Cessna 207

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was 51U a red 207?
Yes it was red and it had a totally useless Narco aircraft stereo mounted above the second row of seats in the passenger cabin. I put a lot of time in that airplane betwen Las Vegas and the canyon by day and Las Vegas and El Central at night.

I think I pre-dated both you and SSDD by a little bit - I was pre-Metro and pre-Chieftan. Sid had a Beech 18D with the Volpar conversion, a couple of 206s (one he leased to Omni), a C336 (Fixed gear Skymaster), and the Green Weenie. There was also another extremely nice Beech 18 (tail-dragger) on his certificate owned by Dick McEntire I think. Sid was a good guy.

Omni was a joke - Kay literally blackmailed me into going to work for them. I found out later that they had lied to the insurance company about my experience levels when they added me to their policy to fly their 411s. I was flying uninsured in those things for the first 6 months. The pilots, 4 or 5 of us, walked off and quit one afternoon after they redispatched a C411 with another pilot that had aborted a trip due to an engine problem. After the 1st trip aborted and returned, they sent that pilot home for the day and called in another pilot who had the day off and loaded up the airplane with another plane full of passengers and sent him off. This time the engine quit on him and he had to return to LAS with it feathered. After we all quit, we went directly from their office to the GADO office to explain it to them. That was the last ime I ever flew junk or for jerks.

Do either of you know what ever happened to Clive Bollenger, Sid Petty, Bogie, and the Sniders?

LS

I'm not positive but I think I had an engine failure in 27G, wasn't that Jerry Garrison's airplane? Is this Paul?
No I'm not Paul, but you're really bringing back the memories. I haven't thought about this in 30 years, but I think you're right about 27G being Jerry Garrison's airplane. Send me a PM, I'm trying to figure out who both of you are. I'm sure we all ate lunch together at the El Tovar.

LS

and Cessna did market a Turbo 207 with an extra seat in the back and called it the C208.

I think your memory is betraying you. The 8 seat sled was called the "staionair 8", not the 208. It was just a 207 with one more seat. It's all in the Type Certificate Data Sheets (TCDS)

The 207A and T207A were both approved for the installation of 8 seats (vs 7) after 9/11/1979. Airframes # 20700563 and later were manufactured with 8 seats.

Aircraft from S/N 20800001 were Caravans, PT-6s and the whole nine yards.

Lead Slead,

I thought he was talking about Sid the Pakistani who operated NEA. I remember the Beach 18's. I think at one point Air Vegas had three out of the four variants, the only one he was missing was the turbine powered one.

A Squared,

The official designation may not have changed, but Cessna did market the airplane as the 208. We had one on the property, and I did quite a few demo flights to potential buyers.

We're talking here about 30 years ago so my memory is not the only thing that has betrayed me. Anything is possible.

Beech 18 (tail-dragger) on his certificate owned by Dick McEntire I think. Sid was a good guy.
Think it was Neil and Richard (Dick) Bogenrief or similar. I was originally at Grand Canyon Caverns until Earl Leaseburg helped me get the job on Sid Petty's 207.

Hey, you remember Harry Accor and Air Nevada, there's a story.

Latest resources

Back