• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Centurion Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you definitively that at Tradewinds, when you have turned off the autopilot to hand-fly the last portion of the ILS, and you lose both flight directors so you are flying a raw data approach because you can't get an FD to re-engage (YET AGAIN), and the thrust levers are more than a handle width apart to keep the same N1, and you have written up those problems and so many others MULTIPLE times and they STILL are not fixed (YET AGAIN!)....

Then I can tell from personal experience that yes, you are definitely saying "My company sucks." Actually you are usually shouting it. Been there.

Are they hiring?

FWL has one plane. There is a LAN plane that has a note on the nose gear doors "operated for Florida West Airlines". There are a host of airlines that are being chartered by LAN and operate under their own call sign or the FWL call sign. So by using a FWL call sign LAN can use foreign crews to move the cargo. There is just so much cargo that they still need outside help (and when times are weak they can dump the help and do the job with their own fleet).
Quite a few countries in S. America want to protect their own industry from LAN and put restrictions in place. To circumvent that problem LAN will set up subsidiaries with local ownership (ABSA, MAS, FWL etc)

In case you didn't get it the first time, I say it again:

LAN is using a US Airline with US crews for flights requiring such.

Centurion is using a peruvian airline with peruvian crews for those flights.

Sure, FWL might charter flights out to ABX, Gemini, Tradewinds, Atlas or others but they're always US Airlines when they have to. I've never seen a foreign airline operate a FWL Trip.

Look, I don't know why you're dragging LAN into this. My point is that with the current setup centurion is using cielos as an el-cheapo airline and is undercutting everybody else by using el-cheapo crews and MX, thus creating possible job losses for US Carriers. And now Arrow is trying something similar with Arrow Panama.

And I was asking here how that's legal. Maybe you can explain that. I really like to know.

LAN uses its own planes (painted in LAN colors) with South American crews operating under a FWL call sign.

quote:And I was asking here how that's legal. Maybe you can explain that. I really like to know. end quote. - ever heard of the term Miami maffia? Explains everything

LAN uses its own planes (painted in LAN colors) with South American crews operating under a FWL call sign.

You got proof for that? I very highly doubt that. The only ones operating the three airplanes (One FWL and two LAN interchange) under FWL callsigns are FWL Crews.

Don't you guys have anything better to do? Go fly your jets and have fun.
Just look at what you guys are arguing over! Unbelievable!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back