Central Air Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8rnate said:
the aerocommander is without a doubt the best airplane i have ever flown . probably one of the finest machines ever built.

You hit that nail right on the head! It makes you want to get out of aviation if you have to fly anything else. I've flown the Aero Commander now for the past three years and can honestly say that it is definately a dream to fly. Except for the fragile nose gear, that sucker is built like a tank!

CAS did extend the contract from 6mo to 12mo. I guess too many people getting 100 or so twin time and going regional. JT and MB are great guys, never had a problem. They paid for my ATP checkride last week when I was down for recurrent. You can't ask for a better aircraft to do an ATP ride in! Great company...wish it paid a little more but JT will pay you extra to wash the engine cowlings. I wash 3 per pay period and it's about $225 extra. I've been based in GRR for the last 8 months so it's a little harder to wash during the winter...no hanger space. I would do it all over again. Good company and mx. Communications is really up to you calling the office to find out what's going on. Being based away from KC isn't that bad either. They're pretty much "Out of sight out of mind" which is cool b/c you don't have to deal w/ office politics everyday.

Ran across two of the CASW Commanders on the ramp at Cushing, OK this morning on my pipeline route. One's based there, and the other... last two letters of N number were KC, left out right after I landed. Looked like pretty nice equipment as far as cargo goes. DIdnt get a chance to talk to the pilots other than "how are you" though.

Cushing is a mx base, and is actually where the Certificate is held. I've been through there swapping out Commanders at night and man, is it every dark and lonely out there! I always felt like some psycho was going to come out with a chainsaw or something- like a scene out of some creepy movie.

HAHA! Yup, that's Cushing, OK alright! Nothing moving at night but the deer and the possums, or the occasional Air Evac chopper call out.

I was a GRR based pilot, good place to build up your multi time, and this job will push your IFR skill to the limit. only thing I can add is that GET YOURSELF OUT BEFORE THE WINTER COMES!!!!

ubpilot said:
I was a GRR based pilot, good place to build up your multi time, and this job will push your IFR skill to the limit. only thing I can add is that GET YOURSELF OUT BEFORE THE WINTER COMES!!!!

Holdmybeer....I was probably the last guy in Lubbock that you replaced...say hi to azalia from me, if she's still at Trajen in Austin

To the rest of you guys who know me...Hello!

She was still there a month ago. But now the run has been restructured and is LBB-DAL-LBB. It is supposed to be temporary, I'll say hi to her when i get back down there.

Which airport do they do thier STL run out of? I have seen them in KC a bunch, but never in St. Louis. Is it a base, or just a stop?

Latest resources

Back