• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest needs pilot in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sit time in TRI is killer on this run, and I still have nightmares about that phone ringing over the loud speaker in TRI when I was trying to sleep. Does CASW have extended layover pay now?

The sit time in TRI is killer on this run, and I still have nightmares about that phone ringing over the loud speaker in TRI when I was trying to sleep. Does CASW have extended layover pay now?
Yes, the layover is long in TRI, but with 2 pilots sharing the route it's not so bad.

FYI...looks Like Central is also needing pilots for MKC, DAL, TUL, and GRR

At $1700 a month, good luck with that. Apparently, CASW didn't get the memo. The supply/demand equation for 1200-hour pilots has changed, in favor of the pilot side. I'm sure it will change back sooner or later, but in the short run, they will have to do something different to attract 135 airplane drivers.

Most other 135 freight-haulers have adjusted, by increasing pay and other incentives.

I wish I lived closer to MKC...would be fun to get back in that Commander from time to time.

At $1700 a month, good luck with that. Apparently, CASW didn't get the memo. The supply/demand equation for 1200-hour pilots has changed, in favor of the pilot side. I'm sure it will change back sooner or later, but in the short run, they will have to do something different to attract 135 airplane drivers.

Most other 135 freight-haulers have adjusted, by increasing pay and other incentives.

Used to be $1500 for six months rather than $1700 for 3 months and then your regular pay.

I agree that it is still a bit low in this current market, but companies aren't going to change radically overnight.

I too would love to get back in the Commander, and they have runs thru YIP. But hell would have to freeze over before I could get released to do outside 135 flying. And it would be very difficult to do with my schedule (but possible part-time). I sure do miss that commander sometimes though. What a beast of a airplane.

I too would love to get back in the Commander, and they have runs thru YIP. But hell would have to freeze over before I could get released to do outside 135 flying. And it would be very difficult to do with my schedule (but possible part-time). I sure do miss that commander sometimes though. What a beast of a airplane.

Yeah, definitely a good plane. But what I WON'T miss... flying that OMA-DSM-OMA-FSD-MSP-DSM-OMA route through the middle of winter, having one alternator go out, and the TKS system causing the good alternator's belt to slip, and everything getting diiiiiim, diiiiim, dim, haha. Oh yeah, and NO heater too. You guys feel me on that one, huh?! :D Trying to get to MSP on time was an act of God on that route. Looking at the times on paper, there is really NO way it can be done, unless you get outta DSM early and have tailwinds everywhere else, lol. Oh man, I'm having flashbacks of the AirNet Nazi chick in MSP! Ahhh! Run away!! Good times. :)

Tri

I used to sit in TRI with the the other freight dogs. I hated the phone in the FBO I called it the Walmart FBO drove you nuts!! Ran into Lee at FTY the other day. 1700 a month Ram paid more than that

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back