Central Air Plane Down: Confirm?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

AC-50 Down at Grand Rapids. Short of the runway on the localizer. 1 Fatal Wx: snow
Can anyone Confirm this?

Way2Broke said:
AC-50 Down at Grand Rapids. Short of the runway on the localizer. 1 Fatal Wx: snow
Can anyone Confirm this?
You can't find the news story because it didn't happen at Grand Rapids...

At least one person dead in Otsego County plane crash

11/17/2005, 12:15 a.m. ET
The Associated Press
HAYES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — At least one person died when a small plane crashed and burst into flames near a small airport in Otsego County west of Gaylord.
A Hayes Township couple saw the two-engine plane hit the ground and explode in their backyard about 6 p.m. Wednesday, Cadillac television station WWTV-WWUP reported.
Investigators said at least one person died, but they declined to release further details.

Thanks for the information. I phrased the post as a question because the details I got were very sketchy. Our prayers will be with the family of the pilot.

Last edited:
cforst513 said:
what's an AC-50?
Nothing like flying a plane named after an Advisory Circular. Kind of like the SR-22, not a well thought out name.

Huggyu2 said:
What's the issue with "SR-22"?
Get a DWI or any other revocation of your driver's license and you'll have the answer to your question.

cforst513 said:
what's an AC-50?

The best light twin engined airplane I've ever flown.

FN FAL said:
Nothing like flying a plane named after an Advisory Circular. Kind of like the SR-22, not a well thought out name.

Yeah, thats a good point. For a while Gulfstream owned the Type Certificate and produced AC-50s and called them GA-50.

Still trying to convince people at Net Jets Intl., that I have 1300 hours of Gulfstream 500 time, but they won't return my calls...

hey no pax, my brother in law's parents have a black and a chocolate lab too!

Latest resources

Back