Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oops, my bad, sorry Tug. ;)

hey all

just had my account activated so now the mussel is off! Does anyone here fly a metro iii, i am wondering if I fly sic can i log the time? It has been explained to me that the licence from the company is for one crew only but this restricts use for 8 hrs in 24, if there are two crew its 8 in one day and is therefore required?

This will be my first cargo gig, any advice for a new boy?

that post makes exactly NO sense. Central Air doesn't fly metros. But heres my advice:

Get a gun, shoot yourself in the foot and go home...

I know, this is another company, just wondered if any smart individual could shed some light on it, I guess not! How many holes do you have in your feet?

Do you have any concerns with what kind of goods are in the back of your airplane?

Anyone else able to help me?

Maybe start a new thread, and ask those questions, as it's a bit random to post questions about a Metro III, on a thread about an accident involving a Central Air pilot.

I know that Ameriflight flies them, also Berry Aviation, but by the looks of your total time, if thats correct, I doubt you fly for either.

Tug Driver said:
I agree with both sides. First off the commander is super easy to fly. And if you follow the profile its pretty easy to shoot approaches in as well. I like not having to mess with the fuel system and .......................................................................................I know that I can hack it single pilot IFR but Im not sure that I really want to anymore. I just feel sick.

Good post Tug Driver.
Stay safe.

That article says it all..... Tug, you be careful out there, and i mean that.

What i fail to realize is the fact that most of you pilots at CASW (well those that post here) seem to think you are doing better for your career by flying single pilot, 135, piston twin, seeing things for the very first time, alone. When in fact, all you are doing is putting your life in danger.

Think about it. What is your twin piston PIC going to get you. Maybe a job at Mesa or Shhitaqua? You really think you are competitive for jB or SWA jobs? When thousands of airbus type rated, 737 type rated, and 121 PIC turbine pilots are in the same resume deck? You think you are going to go from CASW to FEX or UPS?

You may think RJ pilots get hired at 1/3 or half the time as you. And yes, today they are making the same as you (as a new hire). But, they are getting 121 turbine, not to mention 2-3 months intensive training (not 9 days), then they sit next to an IOE Capt for 25 hours on the line. Then they sit next to an experienced Capt when they first see 1800 RVR in blowing snow (after having done it multiple times in the full motion sim). Experience is everything in this business. Bad habits will get you killed. Unfortunately, most of you Skygods that think your type of flying isnt for everyone, dont even know if you are developing a bad habit. So, when you send your resume off to your next job, where do you think you will be most competitive? The real question is, why whore yourself out for piston twin when no one but the regionals will hire you? You may as well go to the regionals instead of figuring out on your own what an engine fire to mins is like with your TKS intermittent, solo.

That said, if you are going to whore yourself out, might as well get some turbine and some type ratings. Cause that is who you are competing with. And some of them started making 1500-2000/mo, full medical.. travel benies, etc at 600TT. By the time they have your TT, they are making 30-40K (still crap wages), some might be Capts within a few short months thereafter, 121 Turbine PIC. Who knows, i may be the one looking at your resume in one hand, while holding a furloughed USAir pilot resume in the other. Guess who i will call first..... However, im not judging here, perhaps this is the only job you guys can get, otherwise you would have gotten an RJ job at 600TT and have 600 hours more of 121 turbine at 1200TT while looking at 121 Capt at 2000TT making 50-70k per yr (and yet still crap wages).

Please be careful CASW pilots. We all fly in crap wx. Our judgement on how to operate in that weather is the difference between a cold grave and a warm bed. None of you should have a "first" alone. Especially siince your experience will get you no where but a regional. But hey, maybe some of you are content at CASW for a career. Nothing wrong with that. NoPax is definitely a CASW career pilot. AAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHH.... lol

Didnt even break 20 grand. ouch. Hey NoPax, how does it feel some pilots with less than half your time are making more than you, 15 off per month, full jumpseat privledges, and 121 turbine with a few months away from a CRJ or E170 type?

"Ding, Ding.... yes... hi... i'll have a coffee with one sugar and cream.. .thanks... {turning to FO}... ok bud, hit play on that portable DVD player... we still have another hour before approach brief."

Last edited:
You sound like you got a Box...

God damn you sound like a fvcking Pu$$y... Like the regionals are the only place to go for experence? What about flying cargo in a multi engine turbo prop as PIC single pilot (BE99, BE1900, SA-227, EMB-110) or ones that require crews (LR-Jet, ATR-42, EMB-120) That looks a hella of allot more impressive then sitting right seat in an RJ for eight years! You RJ F/O are a dime a dozen... Logbook filled to the gills with SIC time, and your 100-200 hours of bought multi time as PIC...

What a matter Biatch? You like some one holding your hand flying approaches to mins? Or maybe you just like taking the radios & moving a gear handle up and down so that you can wear that uniform with pride walking down the terminal...

RJPilott said:
That article says it all..... Tug, you be careful out there, and i mean that.

What i fail to realize is the fact that most of you pilots at CASW (well those that post here) seem to think you are doing better for your career by flying single pilot, 135, piston twin, seeing things for the very first time, alone. When in fact, all you are doing is putting your life in danger.

Think about it. What is your twin piston PIC going to get you. Maybe a job at Mesa or Shhitaqua? You really think you are competitive for jB or SWA jobs? When thousands of airbus type rated, 737 type rated, and 121 PIC turbine pilots are in the same resume deck? You think you are going to go from CASW to FEX or UPS?

You may think RJ pilots get hired at 1/3 or half the time as you. And yes, today they are making the same as you (as a new hire). But, they are getting 121 turbine, not to mention 2-3 months intensive training (not 9 days), then they sit next to an IOE Capt for 25 hours on the line. Then they sit next to an experienced Capt when they first see 1800 RVR in blowing snow. Experience is everything in this business. Bad habits will get you killed. Unfortunately, most of you Skygods that think your type of flying isnt for everyone, dont even know if you are developing a bad habit. So, when you send your resume off to your next job, where do you think you will be most competitive? The real question is, why whore yourself out for piston twin when no one but the regionals will hire you? You may as well go to the regionals instead of figuring out on your own what an engine fire to mins is like with your TKS intermittent, solo.

That said, if you are going to whore yourself out, might as well get some turbine and some type ratings. Cause that is who you are competing with. And some of them started making 1500-2000/mo, full medical.. travel benies, etc at 600TT. By the time they have your TT, they are making 30-40K, some might be Capts within a few short months thereafter, 121 Turbine PIC. Who knows, i may be the one looking at your resume in one hand, while holding a furloughed USAir pilot resume in the other. Guess who i will call first..... However, im not judging here, perhaps this is the only job you guys can get, otherwise you would have gotten an RJ job at 600TT and have 600 hours more of 121 turbine at 1200TT while looking at 121 Capt at 2000TT making 50-70k per yr.

Please be careful CASW pilots. We all fly in crap wx. Our judgement on how to operate in that weather is the difference between a cold grave and a warm bed. None of you should have a "first" alone. Especially siince your experience will get you no where but a regional. But hey, maybe some of you are content at CASW for a career. Nothing wrong with that. NoPax is definitely a CASW career pilot. AAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHH.... lol

Didnt even break 20 grand. ouch. Hey NoPax, how does it feel some pilots with less than half your time are making more than you, 15 off per month, full jumpseat privledges, and 121 turbine with a few months away from a CRJ or E170 type?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back