• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air crash in Michigan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew that plane on that route last winter, I remember doing the ILS 9 at GLR every evening. I didn't know him but it still hits hard. Be careful out there!!

Nopax you are right on, this RJPilott is a looser. This is the nark that was discussing turning over fellow pilots to the FAA FSDO on another thread. However Way2broke is right, arguing with this tool will not get you anywhere.

RIP, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and the good people at CAS.

Last edited:
so sad............

Tug Driver said:
The weather at the approx time of event was 3/4 vis SN BR 008 BKN 014 OVC
Pilot was shooting ILS 9 (glideslope unusable) at GLR. No other details have been released.

I flew for CAS a year or so ago... I know for a fact that every single AC500 at CAS doesn't have ADF or DME in it. All they have is a Garmin 150 VFR GPS.

Can someone tell me why CAS is still telling the PIC's that it is still legal for them to shoot an ILS that requires ADF or DME???

and before anyone goes and looks it up i will tell you that the ILS 9 at GLR requires ADF or DME. sad, sad, situation. I wonder what the FAA thinks about this?

big pimpn' said:
Nopax you are right on, this RJPilott is a looser. This is the nark that was discussing turning over fellow pilots to the FAA FISDO on another thread. However Way2broke is right, arguing with this tool will not get you anywhere.

RIP, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and the good people at CAS.

hahaha... go back to your MS Flight Sim and Top Gun DVD. "FISDO"... and im the tool.....lol... what a jackass...

As many may know, this tragic accident has been a tough pill for the entire CASW family to swallow. My thoughts and prayers go out to SP's family. SP was a good pilot and excellent human being. He will be missed by many.
DME and ADF are only required to shoot the LOC 09 in to GLR, but not for the ILS. The irony is SP shouldn't have shot this approach with the GS inop. Maybe he didn't know that the GS was inop. Maybe the GS wasn't NOTAMED out of service. In this early stage, speculation doesn't do anyone any good. Still this unfortuneate event occurred.
I quote the AIM: "The FAA has initiated a program to provide a new notation for LOC approaches when charted on an ILS approach requiring other navigational aids to fly the final approach course. The LOC minimums will be annotated with the NAVAID required e.g. "DME Required" or "RADAR Required." During the transition period, ILS approaches will still exist without the annotation."
Let's all be safe out there. RIP SP, may you now soar with the angels.
Krinkle

Stp

Was this CASW airplane & pilot based at STP? I run into the CASW pilots based at STP allot....

Last edited:
Mr. RJPilott with the double t at the end, thank you for correcting a spelling error I made. I was sure to edit the error. I am positive that a superior RJ pilot like yourself never makes a spelling error. What would I know, I fly piece of $hit DC-10s for a living.

My point is, anyone who would discuss turning another pilot over to the FAA as you have in other posts needs to beaten severely. Your negative comments about Central air, this video, and freight pilots in general are not welcome.

P.S. I do not find any humor in you refering to freight dogs as temporary "whores"
Congratulationsgratulations

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back