• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cell Phones and their comanies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no idea about the coverage or cost, but T-mobile is the way to go, because Catherine Zita-Jones (Douglas?) fronts for them.

T-Mobile has by far the best plans on the market and will work with you if your credit is not the best. A friend of mine had poor credit and he said that the only thing he had to do was pay like a $60.00 activation fee and like $50.00 more dollars for his phone since when he applied his credit came back bad... This is much better than paying some ridiculous Sprint deposit fee or anything else along those lines.

I am on a 3000 minute ANYTIME plan - it is called a regional plan which is all I really need for like $39.99 per month and no other company can even come close. Cingular, Sprint, and all the others give you very little anytime minutes and think you will use "off peak" minutes so that is why the plans sound so good- To me 400 "anytime" and 3000 nights and weekends would do me little or no good since I don't really talk from 9pm to 7am where those "off peak" minutes are applicable...

T-Mobile also gives you free internet access per month for an additional $2.99 or so on top of your plan.

They also have a national plan where for $99.00 a month you 5000 ANYTIME MINUTES ANYWHERE IN US- no strings attached- Sprint charges over $200.00 for a plan where you get even less minutes-

If you are comparing plans then T-Mobile is by far the best way to go with regards to "anytime" minutes-

3 5 0

I use Cingular...never had a problem. As a matter of fact driving back from Ok City after a trip to CAMI our van had a blowout at about 10pm. Somewhere on highway 80 in Oklahoma (i think). ANyway, no one else had service to call a towtruck...my phone was the only one out of 12 that worked. Cingular rocks...never had a problem in nearly 2 years of service.

I pay $40/month for 400 anytime and unlimited night and weekend minutes at Verizon. My experience with them has been exceptional. They have made billing mistakes but they listened to my complaint, and agreed to make the change with out arguing. They have done that several times.

When I had Sprint, the coverage was spotty and the customer service was non existant. I spent on average 30 minutes per call waiting for an agent and on several occasions they would transfer me to someone else, that I would have to wait another 15 minutes or more to talk to. I know people that still have Sprint and they still complain about the coverage and customer service. If I where you I'd ignore Sprint all together.

Sprint

I agree with the previous post, Sprint is horrible with customer service. Counting myself, I know of 5 people that can't wait till the contract is up. The biggest problem for me is the phone doesn't ring half the time, then a few hours later, I might or might not get the voice mail indication from that call. That might be a problem in this area (Richmond, In) either way, it has continued for a few years now. Sprint also seems to like to screw your bills up all the time. On the other side, I have had descent reception traveling from Indy to Cicny.

I use Cingular, works like a dream, and the free Motorola phone i got with it kicks a$$!!!

ATT is OK but their answering machine service sucks, gotta type in password every frikin time then wait till every **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** message is over till you delete them. Dumb...

Do NOT get Metro PCS, unless you don't want anyone finding you!
And the included phones look like they came out of a cereal box.
What does P.C.S. stand for?
Piece of Sh!t

I, too, would stay away from Sprint. If they come knocking, I'd go running. Unless you want to be charged $3.00 everytime you want to talk to someone at Sprint about your account (the way to get around this I undertand is to call the "toll free service number for California residents". I don't have it, sorry).You WILL have to argue with them about your bills, and unless you want your phone cut off for no apparent reason (your first bill will automatically put you over the "spending limit" since you said you don't have great credit). This WILL be the cause to disconnect your service... I'd try anyone but the people at Sprint Pathetic Customer Service.

No, I don't own stock in AWS, but I do have their service. I agree with crash, I wish AT&T could do something to allow deletes without having to listen to the whole d@m message!

If you want to see what real customers say about services... try www.ripoffreport.com and search for your desired service then decide.

spngbobsqrpilot said:
No, I don't own stock in AWS, but I do have their service. I agree with crash, I wish AT&T could do something to allow deletes without having to listen to the whole d@m message!

...Pressing 7 twice to skip and delete the message immediately works on AWS regular voicemail. Is their prepaid plan different in how the voicemail works?

Last edited:
Thanks keebird, it works!

And, after personally having Sprint, I'll NEVER deal with them again....

Nor would I ever recommend them.

Latest resources

Back