Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
52vincent said:
My guess is, it's not free then
That reminds me of something that happened at the airport...we had these two headsets in their boxes, and one was like $125 and the other $140. They were exactly the same and we couldn't figure out the difference between them. Then the lady who usually works the office pointed out a sticker on the box of the $140 one and said, "oh, this one has free accessories inside!"

Yesterday the Supreme Court paved the way for a new federal regulation sllowing you to keep the same number if you change wireless carriers! That's great news! G'bye AT&T, HELLO NEXTEL!

NEXTEL...good and bad..

I have been using my Nextel for about 7 months now. I like it the Direct Connect service pretty well, although they have been saying for quite sometime it would be going nationwide. The DC is very convienent for quick conversation, although some people with Nextel tend to go overboard with it. I get sooo tired of hearing the Nextel beep while the guy next to your table at a nice restaurant talks forever using Nextel, letting all hear his conversation.

I am in Indianapolis, and my direct connect 2 way service reaches Louisville, KY. There is quite some areas though of "dead spots", especially around military bases.....

They are expensive, and do charge a heck of a lot of you happen to go over your minutes, so that is not recommended! I have never "dropped" a call, meaning my phone rings before going into VM. I have heard quite a few people who drop calls with Sprint, and the only indication of a call is the VM chime.

You have to have good credit or pay a hefty deposit, but there are ways of getting around it if you know someone who has a Nextel, as you can be added onto their account.

The only other annoying thing with Nextel is if you are around a radio, whether it be in a a/c or a regular radio that place music (even my laptop will do it) you get a annoying clicking that can get quite loud when talking on the phone or using DC. So make sure the phone is off while flying....

Just my two cents....

Latest resources

Back