Cathy Pacific questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly-By-Cable

Just wondering if cathy guys and gals can shed a little light on a few issues.

What are competitve mins?
Cass? any off line non-rev?
US Jr assigned bases? Freight or cargo?
What aircraft 200/400?

and in general are you happy?

Thanks alot for any info. I'm really interested in CX but can't seem to find alot about them.

do a search here or on pprune and you'll find all your answers....you'll have plenty of time to research since it was announced they are asking for unpaid leave from flight crews and NO hiring for SO and FO in 2009.

Unfortunatly, we are going through tough times like everyone else, but we will come out the back end better then most.

I LOVE it here. Was on the freighter for 3 years and have been on the PAX -400 for a number of months now.

ID-90's on Amercian and many foreign carriers.

Unified pay scale means you can fly almost any aircraft and be based at any base in North America.
LAX, ORD, ATL, JFK, SFO, and maybe some day DFW and MIA.

Don't trust PPRUNE, it is full with a bunch of ninnies.

thanks. I have heard that a min of 3 years is required on the freighter -200 before they let you go to pax. JFK is a pax base isn't it? That's what I would be hoping for. Also how are they about 121 PIC? I know the mins don't require it but it seems hard to imagine that anything but would be competative. thanks for the info

The freighter contract no longer exsists. You can start on any fleet at any base. It was on the -400 and was actually not a bad gig. Now it is one unified pay scale, which is actually more stable and allows for more options. The 1st year pay went up quite a bit, but you don't get the big bump like we did when you move to the PAX fleet. The scales are about equal over a 10 year period.
As far as PIC goes it seems to vary depending on your background. I have no idea what competitive hours for a civilian are, but looking at your profile you look to be in good shape.
JFK is, I think, freighter only for now, but will be also a PAX base for the 777 very soon, if it isn't already.

The profile is actually my brothers account, i'm just using it for this one question. I'm an rj fo, have the jet time just won't upgrade for years, like everyone else. But the thing is I have no interest in any US major due to how terrible work conditions and pay has gotten. And US majors and certain cargo are the ones that typically require 121 pic. Don't get me wrong i don't have a problem paying dues to get to where I wanna go, I just don't wanna go anywhere but Cathy. I think i'll wait til i get another 1000 jet before appling at CX, maybe that will help me become a little more competative. By then maybe things will be getting better for you guys too. Thanks again for the info

There has been lots of RJ FO's hired recently, including me. If you have the mins. definatley apply now and keep updating because who knows what will be competitive when the interviews start again. When I started the process I had 4000tt and 2500 Rj and at that time I was interviewing for an FO spot. During the rest of the process several airlines went TU and the competitive mins shot up over night. Its all about timing.

Hate to disagree again

Um, I do not like to flame so I won't. CX is not that great. In fact from what I understand it is a mess. Many crew are taking the company to court. Direct entry Captain's, Direct Entry FO's on bases current FO's want, no upgrades for SO's, many different contracts etc...It is getting very ugly and the pilot's union at CX has had enough. I am sorry to you Bjammin and glad that you are happy but their are MANY that are very upset.

The profile is actually my brothers account, i'm just using it for this one question. I'm an rj fo, have the jet time just won't upgrade for years, like everyone else. But the thing is I have no interest in any US major due to how terrible work conditions and pay has gotten. And US majors and certain cargo are the ones that typically require 121 pic. Don't get me wrong i don't have a problem paying dues to get to where I wanna go, I just don't wanna go anywhere but Cathy. I think i'll wait til i get another 1000 jet before appling at CX, maybe that will help me become a little more competative. By then maybe things will be getting better for you guys too. Thanks again for the info

Your singular mission of getting on with CX is admirable. You continue however to spell it CATHY ...might want look into that.

fv

Um, I do not like to flame so I won't. CX is not that great. In fact from what I understand it is a mess. Many crew are taking the company to court. Direct entry Captain's, Direct Entry FO's on bases current FO's want, no upgrades for SO's, many different contracts etc...It is getting very ugly and the pilot's union at CX has had enough. I am sorry to you Bjammin and glad that you are happy but their are MANY that are very upset.

I agree with this fellow 100%

Latest resources

Back