• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cathy Pacific questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had about 4200tt when I was hired for a SO position. I haven't seen my official T&C's yet but I was told the first year SO salary is about $50,000 USD.

Sioux...what were your times when you got hired? And what is 1st year pay now?

Last edited:
I had about 4200tt when I was hired for a SO position. I haven't seen my official T&C's yet but I was told the first year SO salary is about $50,000 USD.

My bad...I thought you were hired without PIC time for the FO position. Thanks for the info.

Cathay has hired a few RJ FO's into the right seat but it is pretty rare. Infact I joined with one. My guess for the future though is that with more experienced guys on the street in the future, CX will go back to trying to bring those guys on initially. It seems the RJ FO's that were hired into the DEFO spot, were hired during the early to mid 2006 era when Delta, NWA, United, Continental, etc were all hiring again, albiet briefly.

My initial interview was for a FO position in May. Within a couple of weeks of the interview Oasis, Aloha, ATA, etc. all put pilots on the street sending the competition level sky high.

So CX doesn't usually hire directly into the right seat? Even with 121 pic?
Yes, they do. But I don't whink we will be hiring again for a couple of years. We're at least 5% over crewed.

Competitive mins when I got hired 4 years ago were about 2000 PIC 121 or military fast jet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back