Cathay!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilottodd2 said:
the $90k US includes everything including per-diem and retirement, if you choose to invest yourself. Good friend works there. B744, ORD, until base closes.

Pilottodd2, who said the ORD base is closing? Just curious.

Pilottodd2 said:
HK dollars are pegged to US dollars at 7.8 to 1.

First year FO on the freighter line (with basing in the US) will make about $90k including per-diem and all the extra goodies.

Takes long time to get interview and usually 1 year from first interview to start. Interview itself is gruelling. Can u answer the following:

1. Which flaps are used to re-attach laminar air flow over the upper surface of the flap?

2. At what temperature does the ocean need to be in order for a typhoon to form?

3. On a 4-engine aircraft, which engine is the critical engine?

4. Why does thrust need to be set by 80 kts?

Good luck..

Great place to work, and lots of fun flying. I am hoping for an interview myself...Have u been offered an interview?

Is that it? I was under the impression that the questions at CX were on the hard side! Geeze if you have ever done the JAA / UK licence this is all trivial stuff. What about working out your position from the phase difference of doppler shift from 3 stations - now thats a question!!

Brown cow, did we need to go through this again?

As far as pay goes, 90K is about right. That's before taxes and includes the 15.5% retirement and all per-diem.

An intense cockpit environment is a bunch of hog wash. I would say some of the nicest people I have ever met are captains with this airline especially LAX based freight and PAX guys. Most very modest and fun. There are always going to be some guys that are up tight, but I have found that your attitude in and out of the cockpit plays a HUGE roll in how you are treated. This airline has been nothing but fair, generous, and very fun. My schedule is great, flying interesting, and training surpurb.
Negitives would be a little anti-North Americanism in Hong Kong, long training time away from home, spending alot of time in ANC (freight guys), and few takeoff's and landings (long haul guys).
If you can put up with those little issues, this is a great place to work.

Interview was a PITA, but some serious preperation and a good attitude will see you through it.

Do they take American certificates or do i need to take all the JAA tests? I have the american COM and the ATP written since i am only a lowley RJ FO.

Latest resources

Back