CATHAY PACIFIC vs. FEDEX/UPS opinions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny.

I've got no problems with exams, been in flight training all my life.

My bro hates FDX and will tell you to stay where you are.

Bjammin said:

You still haven't said what he hates about FedEx. Really, what can be so bad about one of the only high-paying, stable airline jobs left?

I'm not in the airline bashing business. You have to reserach each company yourself and determine if it's a fit for you.

I don't know if his gripes are ligit or not, thus I'm not going to spill a bunch of potential B.S. on a forum where people are looking for jobs. I back up my posts with facts and I truly don't have the facts on why he hates it. He generally does not like flying at night and has some beefs about management, but beyond that I'm not going to repeat his gripes until I can back it up.

A!ge 60+ freighter pilots only

Bjammin said:
Thanks spook!
They are letting PAX Captains go to the freighter after 55 and retire at 60. The mainline is soon to follow. This has slowed upgrades a little, but with expansion has not had too much effect.

Thats interesting. The Koreans were doing something similar for awhile, letting the guys fly past age 60 on the freighters. Maybe they should make all the freighter guys here in the US fly past sixty, oh say maybe 66, or SS what ever comes first. Sorry, I just couldn't help my self BBB!

Spooky 1 said:
Thats interesting. The Koreans were doing something similar for awhile, letting the guys fly past age 60 on the freighters. Maybe they should make all the freighter guys here in the US fly past sixty, oh say maybe 66, or SS what ever comes first. Sorry, I just couldn't help my self BBB!

Bite your tongue Spooky! <g> Of course those dentures probably cause you to do that already!! Happy trails ...

BBB

Bjammin said:
. . .<snip>. .

If your brother is senior to me, I think he should quit!!!!

klhoard said:
If your brother is senior to me, I think he should quit!!!!

I think he should quit anyway. There are enough angry and grouchy guys running around this place. Some guys can find a reason to pi$$ and moan about anything.

Bjammin:

has some beefs about management

Well that eliminates noone on the crewforce. Except maybe the new hires that started last week that haven't met any of them yet. ;)

Brown Cow

Sorry to wade in now, but I have been away on a ULH flight. I have been following this thread with interest, and would like to add my .02C

With all due respect, you know not of what you speak wrt CX freight expansion. CX is agressively chasing freight business in Asia and will be a major player. CX will do more with it's puny fleet of 101 wide-bodies in 2006 in productivity than any other. Watch this space.

"little island"
eh? Check your atlas - you may be confusing Hong Kong with Singapore, also recently called "the size of a piece of snot" by Taiwan. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3697244.stm

Cathay is an airline that does not respect pilots unless you were born on an island. We do not count.
Oh yes you do. How many nationalities do you have on the flightdeck? CX is at 50 and counting. I would suggest that unless you hold a US passport or green card you're SOL with FDX. Not so here. Despite the clear bias and xenophobia currently practised by many US companies, descrimination of any sort is not allowed here.

There is no comparison
Yes there is. I have a friend who joined UPS at the same time I joined CX, 16 years ago. I have seen his payslip and he has seen mine. I outearn him by a significant margin. He has more days off, and I am pleased for him, and he uses the bid system well - something I wish we had here. He is a CN on the 757/767 and could easily hold a regular line on the B747, but chooses not to. I am a CN on the A330/340 series and could easily hold a B744 command, but choose not to. His retirement will be significant but so will mine. He would not leave even if he could step into my shoes, and vice versa. As the brits would say, "horses for courses". Both are good companies and have their dedicated employees. Good for you.

Then you will likely spend a good majority of your elaborate income just to maintain a semblance of your N. American lifestyle
You truly have no idea, do you? I'll tell you what - PM me and I will take you around the next time you're in HKG and shame you into an apology. Have you ever actually been here?

Get this CX business off of the majors forum
I have a counter-suggestion. Why don't we move FDX to a freighter forum and be done with it?

How Now, Brown Cow?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back