Cathay Cargo Questions - Atlanta Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Jolly,

Please share with us how the training, sorry our checking dept. screwed you over during your command training. That should be enough for anyone not to come here.

Hey Jolly,

Please share with us how the training, sorry our checking dept. screwed you over during your command training. That should be enough for anyone not to come here.

Since your so down on this place, where would you rather be? Just curious....

Wanna take 5 legs in a CRJ - each one back through the same line of storms with a thousand hour FO right out of training. I could use the time off...:)

When (if) you become a Captain at CX, you will have 200 hour pilots next you...

I don't think you've ever had the pleasure Bubba, but I sure have - a lot!

Ask me again why I requested to move from the Airbus to the B744.

Capt U,

I think you switched because you never liked the Airbus...

Maybe so, but I do know what's going on in MY life and those of my compadre's and I have the much better deal.

I can't get all rapped up in stuff we obviously have zero say so in. The union never got a vote! All I can do is compare life now to what it was in the military and what it will be in future with this company, it's just that basic.

The company is making money, the pilots are getting paid and not laid off, and I truly don't think there is a conspirency against us from the higher ups. They want to the company to do well and that will always be in our best interest.

Those who don't like it here should move on. That is the biggest FU you can do.

Cheers

Why is it usually the military guys who think their job is the best - "Cathay top 1%" - I mean come on. Your 2nd year pay is like any US airline isn't it?

You go on to say if you don't like it leave...How about if you don't like it have the courage to stand up and try to change it for yourself; and more importantly the new guys coming up the line......It's called making the world a better place.

Sorry your so institutionalized benjamin.

After reading these naive Cathay responses I couldn't imagine the stupidity at that place. FYI reading a paper at FL410 is safer than looking out into outer space it helps to relax the mind and keep fatigue at bay.

Last edited:
Nobody seems to mention the fact that this DEFO on the pax fleet is going to screw the current freighter guys with time still left in their freighter commitment. Even F/Os already on the pax fleet based in SFO were told that they will not be converted to the 777 but will only fly freighters when the B744 stops coming to NA with people down the back. The basings dept. has been quoted as saying that all current B744 F/Os, pax or freight, will not be trained on the 777. That means that current freight F/Os get to stay on the freighter pay scale and fly the crappy freight schedules while new hires make more money and have a great long haul pax fleet schedule.

Oh, there is no way that the new unified F/O scale comes even close to the B scale career progression pay. The new unified scale is better than the current freighter scale and that is a fact that all of us who will be stuck on the freighter will have to deal with.

All this bullsh!t when they are raking in record profits....imagine whats going to happen whenn they start to lose money. I, and alot of other guys are weighing our options.

Mayday

Last edited:
Sorry your so institutionalized benjamin.

After reading these naive Cathay responses I couldn't imagine the stupidity at that place.

Institutionalized??? Why, because I enjoy my job?

I work 12 days a month, fly with great guys, and 2nd year pay is better then any US carrier, vice FedEX or UPS.

Of course there are issues that need to be addressed, show me an airline that doesn't.

Look at the profits, hiring schedule, and aircraft orders to get an idea of the health of the airline.

People have all sorts of reasons for leaving, great. I've met former SWA, JetBlue, United, and USAir guys that are all very happy here and have seen many guys leave for airlines like Air Tran. I don't know their personal reasons, but good on people for taking the risk and making a change if it suits them.

Give me crap for liking where I work while not working for the airline or knowing anything about me?

Last edited:
Why is it usually the military guys who think their job is the best

Because I'm so beaten down after being gone 2 of the last 3 years that I'll almost pay you to only work me 12 days a month!

Latest resources

Back