• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CASS rules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
particularly since we pilots are paying out of our pockets and very much don't want to lose the privilege of visiting our families with what little time off we have. Thanks for all the replies.

Holy crap....that sucks. Yall need to go and kick your management square in the berries. YOU'RE paying for CASS, and they want you to use it for THEIR benefit....sounds shady, dishonest and downright stupid.....

If your company wants to use this to move crews, DON'T DO IT! My prior employer (a certain Convair operator located just south of IND), was requiring us to jumpseat to get to one contract a/c in Laredo, TX. Used to use the old Express One to get there (the 727 freight operation, not what became Pinnacle). One of our guys made the mistake of saying that the company was grateful for us being allowed to use the jumpseat this way. Lost the jumpseat COMPLETELY less than a week after that.

Cheap bastards.

Peace.

Rekks

Being in CASS does not automatically get you in with other CASS carriers. Even if other CASS carriers do not require a reciprocal agreement (Jet Blue for example) the airline still has to add you to their list of codes. Some may do this when ARINC publishes the list every 30 days or so, but many will require you to call and set it up (i.e. testing employee numbers).

So when you here someone say "well we are in CASS I don't know why we are getting denied" it is because either that airline requires a reciprocal agreement, or they have not added you to their drop down menu of "approved" CASS carriers.

My airline has a list of airlines who we have a reciprocal agreement with in our FOM. If you fly for some fly-by-night 135 company that I never heard of, you can be damn sure I'm going to check that list. Actually, I'll be checking that list for any 135 company. If you're on the list, welcome aboard; if not, airport security will be called.

Are you serious? Because they should be buying a PAID ticket, that's why.

I think he means like if you are scheduled to dhd to say an outstation and that there were some non-revs that can't jumpseat ie parents, F/As, wife and kids, etc. that were trying to get on then it would be ok to take the jumpseat to get the non rev on assuming you wont be dicking someone else out of the jumpseat.

I think he means like if you are scheduled to dhd to say an outstation and that there were some non-revs that can't jumpseat ie parents, F/As, wife and kids, etc. that were trying to get on then it would be ok to take the jumpseat to get the non rev on assuming you wont be dicking someone else out of the jumpseat.

Yes..I follow you on that part..but that wasn't what the original post was about.....maybe just miscommunication.

That would be OK, and very nice of all involved. But only if the 135 guy's company had bought him a ticket in the first place.

Remember, nonrevs have a higher priority than jumpseaters in the cabin.

I work for a very small 135 company and we recently got CASS (we're just paying for it, we can't reciprocate due to being nonscheduled), but we're not real clear on how everything works.

So what is the benefit for anyone who allows you to Jumpseat? Seems to me like its a one way street with all the benefit going to you and 0 coming back to the crew that lets you ride.

Latest resources

Back