• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

CASS Program

T5PT6

Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2002
Posts
20
Total Time
10300
Does anyone know where to start in becoming CASS approved. I work for a 135 operator abd have been turned down for several reciprocal JS agreement without CASS approval. Any info would be appreciated.
 

V-STALL

The Resourcer!
Joined
May 11, 2004
Posts
370
Total Time
8200+
This is the only info I was able to find, I hope it helps a little.



>>With approval as a permanent program, all U.S. airlines are now authorized to implement CASS at their respective airline. Airlines wanting to join the program will have to develop in-house databases and communication protocols that meet the standards developed for CASS. Detailed information on CASS is available through each airline's FAA Principal Operations Inspector and Principal Security Inspector. <<
 

T5PT6

Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2002
Posts
20
Total Time
10300
Thanks for the response, The POI will be a good place to start.

T5PT6
 

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Posts
1,487
Total Time
6100
T5PT6 said:
Does anyone know where to start in becoming CASS approved. I work for a 135 operator abd have been turned down for several reciprocal JS agreement without CASS approval. Any info would be appreciated.


Wait, so you were on these airllnes jumpseat agreements...and they turned you down because you were not CASS?
 

T5PT6

Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2002
Posts
20
Total Time
10300
I am trying to establish new JS agreements and am being turned down for not being CASS approved, that is why Im trying to get approved.
 

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Posts
1,487
Total Time
6100
T5PT6 said:
I am trying to establish new JS agreements and am being turned down for not being CASS approved, that is why Im trying to get approved.

Wow, that is redicolus...sorry to hear that...what airlines are turning you down? You might need to go to that jumpseat convention and shake some hands and kiss some babies:)
 

gringo

As good as it gets.
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Posts
381
Total Time
~4500
CASS is a system currently maintained by AirInc, if I'm not mistaken. It's also a subscription based system; in my comany, it's going to cost us about $1000 to initiate, and then $600 a month to maintain it. I've heard that for large companies, like Comair, the fee runs in the thousands of dollars a month range.

There are companies that don't require you to be in CASS- Northwest and USAir come to mind. Not sure how they handle 135 jumpseaters, though. You might have a harder time getting on board, but as a 121 guy, you shouldn't have any problems with.

The reason my company is going with CASS is because it's cheaper to do this than to get re-enforced cockpit doors, which we'd need if we were going to carry any non-essential personnel. Being an all-cargo outfit, we weren't too worried about jumpseating pax, but times are a'changing. And thank god- a few more years, barring any unforseen hijackings, and we'll all be back to pre-911 (well, mostly) jumpseat priveledges.
 

freightdogfred

Malcontent
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Posts
990
Total Time
Mucho
V-STALL said:
This is the only info I was able to find, I hope it helps a little.



>>With approval as a permanent program, all U.S. airlines are now authorized to implement CASS at their respective airline. Airlines wanting to join the program will have to develop in-house databases and communication protocols that meet the standards developed for CASS. Detailed information on CASS is available through each airline's FAA Principal Operations Inspector and Principal Security Inspector. <<

From what source does this info come from?? I thought it was still in the "test" mode.
 

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
697
Total Time
enough
Nope test mode was ended a week or so ago - it is now open to all who can meet the requirements.
 

freightdogfred

Malcontent
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Posts
990
Total Time
Mucho
Twotter76 said:
Nope test mode was ended a week or so ago - it is now open to all who can meet the requirements.

Can you post a link, a source....something a little more credible than "I saw it on flightinfo.com"
 

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
697
Total Time
enough
I went looking for something like that myself and was unable to find anything - this program is not exactly designed to be publicized. What I can tell you is that my non ATA member airline already has CASS up and running and people are using it as we speak.
 

Flyer2000

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Posts
80
Total Time
8500
CASS testing ended Sept. 25th. You can call, or email ARINC and get details. Call your POI and PSI and they too should have more details.
 
Top