CASS Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T5PT6

Does anyone know where to start in becoming CASS approved. I work for a 135 operator abd have been turned down for several reciprocal JS agreement without CASS approval. Any info would be appreciated.

This is the only info I was able to find, I hope it helps a little.

>>With approval as a permanent program, all U.S. airlines are now authorized to implement CASS at their respective airline. Airlines wanting to join the program will have to develop in-house databases and communication protocols that meet the standards developed for CASS. Detailed information on CASS is available through each airline's FAA Principal Operations Inspector and Principal Security Inspector. <<

T5PT6 said:
Does anyone know where to start in becoming CASS approved. I work for a 135 operator abd have been turned down for several reciprocal JS agreement without CASS approval. Any info would be appreciated.

Wait, so you were on these airllnes jumpseat agreements...and they turned you down because you were not CASS?

I am trying to establish new JS agreements and am being turned down for not being CASS approved, that is why Im trying to get approved.

T5PT6 said:
I am trying to establish new JS agreements and am being turned down for not being CASS approved, that is why Im trying to get approved.

Wow, that is redicolus...sorry to hear that...what airlines are turning you down? You might need to go to that jumpseat convention and shake some hands and kiss some babies:)

CASS is a system currently maintained by AirInc, if I'm not mistaken. It's also a subscription based system; in my comany, it's going to cost us about $1000 to initiate, and then $600 a month to maintain it. I've heard that for large companies, like Comair, the fee runs in the thousands of dollars a month range.

There are companies that don't require you to be in CASS- Northwest and USAir come to mind. Not sure how they handle 135 jumpseaters, though. You might have a harder time getting on board, but as a 121 guy, you shouldn't have any problems with.

The reason my company is going with CASS is because it's cheaper to do this than to get re-enforced cockpit doors, which we'd need if we were going to carry any non-essential personnel. Being an all-cargo outfit, we weren't too worried about jumpseating pax, but times are a'changing. And thank god- a few more years, barring any unforseen hijackings, and we'll all be back to pre-911 (well, mostly) jumpseat priveledges.

V-STALL said:
This is the only info I was able to find, I hope it helps a little.

>>With approval as a permanent program, all U.S. airlines are now authorized to implement CASS at their respective airline. Airlines wanting to join the program will have to develop in-house databases and communication protocols that meet the standards developed for CASS. Detailed information on CASS is available through each airline's FAA Principal Operations Inspector and Principal Security Inspector. <<

From what source does this info come from?? I thought it was still in the "test" mode.

Twotter76 said:
Nope test mode was ended a week or so ago - it is now open to all who can meet the requirements.

Can you post a link, a source....something a little more credible than "I saw it on flightinfo.com"

Latest resources

Back