• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CASS and MLOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. I have a hard time believing that this was the first jumpseat he did while on that stint of mil leave and did not know whether he was in CASS or not. Just a thought.

So now Magnum!! is likely to be responsible for the downfall of CASS AND he's a liar to boot? You have no idea how long his stint his or how many times he's jumpseated. He was also upfront about not being in CASS. He told a story about mil leave and jumpseating, was honest and factual, and you people are freaking out. Get over it, already. Your message is passed and the horse is dead. There's no need to question the integrity of someone you don't even know while you're at it. If you guys are that upset about it, call your j/s coordinators and rat him and the flight crew out. Make sure you cite FI.com as you're source, though.

I have a hard time believing that this was the first jumpseat he did while on that stint of mil leave and did not know whether he was in CASS or not.

That's uncalled for. It was, in fact, the first time I've tried to j/s while on MLA. I live in my Guard city...why would I jumpseat anywhere? I don't make a habit of hopping flights to random cities. I clearly stated I told the gate agent I was unsure if I was active in CASS...why would someone lie to a gate agent about something like that when it can be verified? Don't assume because you might roll that way, others must also.

This whole thing is stupid. I wasn't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes nor was I trying to skirt any rules. I was trying to get home from a TDY base to see my wife and kid. I appreciate all the advice regarding jumpseating, especially from people who actually know the rules like Rez. However, I'm not apologizing for anything, nor do I think anyone involved in the chain of events that night, from me to the gate agent to the F/A to the pilots of the flight, did anything wrong. I'm done with this thread.

What if your airline is still showing you in CASS?

That's uncalled for. It was, in fact, the first time I've tried to j/s while on MLA. I live in my Guard city...why would I jumpseat anywhere? I don't make a habit of hopping flights to random cities. I clearly stated I told the gate agent I was unsure if I was active in CASS...why would someone lie to a gate agent about something like that when it can be verified? Don't assume because you might roll that way, others must also.

This whole thing is stupid. I wasn't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes nor was I trying to skirt any rules. I was trying to get home from a TDY base to see my wife and kid. I appreciate all the advice regarding jumpseating, especially from people who actually know the rules like Rez. However, I'm not apologizing for anything, nor do I think anyone involved in the chain of events that night, from me to the gate agent to the F/A to the pilots of the flight, did anything wrong. I'm done with this thread.

I've been MLOA for nearly 9 months and still show up in CASS. Is it wrong to fly in the j/s if I am in CASS still?
Thanks

I've been MLOA for nearly 9 months and still show up in CASS. Is it wrong to fly in the j/s if I am in CASS still?
Thanks

No that is the whole point. If you come up in CASS you can ride in the cockpit. If you are not you are stuck in the back. Not hard. Some people here can't get that. Magnum and Deuce...relax. You tell a story then get pissed at what people have to say. I think everyone gets the point now. Move on nothing to see here. Bye

No that is the whole point. If you come up in CASS you can ride in the cockpit. If you are not you are stuck in the back. Not hard. Some people here can't get that. Magnum and Deuce...relax. You tell a story then get pissed at what people have to say. I think everyone gets the point now. Move on nothing to see here. Bye

Everyone "gets" that, RedDog. If the system works perfectly, no problem. The point of this thread was to highlight the different inconsistencies, issues, and problems with j/s while on MLA.

I didn't get pissed about anything until you called me a liar. Now I remember why I left FI for 4 months....

Thanks

I went VFR direct from furlough to mil leave. I'm in CASS. I've jumpseated on three flights since returning in Jan; one in the cockpit. All three flights on different carriers.

Everyone "gets" that, RedDog. If the system works perfectly, no problem. The point of this thread was to highlight the different inconsistencies, issues, and problems with j/s while on MLA.

I didn't get pissed about anything until you called me a liar. Now I remember why I left FI for 4 months....

Probably the most relaxing 4 months of your life!

As far as the other MILITARY guy drinking beer while j/s'ing...well, I think it is a coincidence. Neither myself or Magnum is "that guy." As a matter of fact, I've seen civilian clowns blatantly break rules as well. It has absolutely nothing to do with being in the MILITARY or not. Are you one of those guys?

The guy who drank beer justified it with "the fighter pilot in me said go for it!"

Just like the CASS situation I don't think "The FA said it was ok to have a beer" is a ligitimate excuse...Just as "The CA said it was ok to ride the flightdeck j/s w/o CASS"

pkober called me out as a union guy.... well yeah... and when a pilot gets spanked for drinking beer while jumpseating or riding the flightdeck j/s without CASS- OK then it is the union volunteer who will sacrifice his personal time to defend the guilty party.

Would you rather hear about it on a moniker message board or from your Chief Pilot, FAA and/or TSA?

But enough about that... you MIL guys who have airline jobs have a much bigger problem: The 2008 presidential election.

If the majority of your future income and career is going to be from the CIV job then electing a pro labor president will be critical to your future.... I don't blame you for not wanting Clinton or Obama..maybe you like Dodd or Edwards? Biden? These are pro labor candidates that support union workers like you. It is your career...

Last edited:
Well guys, thanks for the replies. Rez, your concerns are noted but I just wanted to hear from the Mil guys and their experiences. I didnt mean this to become a pissing contest between Civs and Mil guys. We are all in this boat together, in more ways than you may think.

Tim

The guy who drank beer justified it with "the fighter pilot in me said go for it!"

Just like the CASS situation I don't think "The FA said it was ok to have a beer" is a ligitimate excuse...Just as "The CA said it was ok to ride the flightdeck j/s w/o CASS"

pkober called me out as a union guy.... well yeah... and when a pilot gets spanked for drinking beer while jumpseating or riding the flightdeck j/s without CASS- OK then it is the union volunteer who will sacrifice his personal time to defend the guilty party.

Would you rather hear about it on a moniker message board or from your Chief Pilot, FAA and/or TSA?

But enough about that... you MIL guys who have airline jobs have a much bigger problem: The 2008 presidential election.

If the majority of your future income and career is going to be from the CIV job then electing a pro labor president will be critical to your future.... I don't blame you for not wanting Clinton or Obama..maybe you like Dodd or Edwards? Biden? These are pro labor candidates that support union workers like you. It is your career...

Rez - come on...now you're crossing the line. You lost all credibility here by bringing politics into a thread from a military aviator asking his fellow military brethren their experience on j/s'ing while on MLOA.

You want to know what I'm really afraid of? Forget my CIV job, let's talk about our national security. The last thing I want is a weak appeaser like Clinton (I'm actually disgusted typing her name), Obama - who has absolutely zero experience in foreign policy, or Edwards who's just a wimp altogether. You get one of those clowns elected - well, we won't have a military at all...we'll just hug the terrorists and tax American citizens more so we can get another government sponsored program to listen to their feelings. We need someone that will kick a$$ for years to come and will continue to beef up our military and our foreign policy might - namely Romney, Giuliani, and Thompson. I could care less about my civilian job when our national security is in jeapordy in the first place.

Last but not least - Magnum is my squadron mate. We've been flying in the military the last few years together. We share a bond that no civilian can understand - not that that's a bad thing - but it's just something military bro's throughout all services share that just doesn't exist in the civilian world. Period, dot. I will defend him and go to war with him any day of the week. Maybe he mad a mistake in the past when he j/s'ed. If so, I apologize. I can assure he's very intelligent, he's a great aviator, and most importantly he's got a very solid foundation in integrity. We all make mistakes and do things we shouldn't have. Hence the definition of humanity.

You made the mistake of poking your nose in here. This was a friendly chat amongst military bro's and their experiences j/s'ing while on mil leave. We don't need you to continue to critique us nor do we need your help. We'll do just fine, trust me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back