Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Carrying Food/Drinks into Cockpit-Legal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagleflip said:
"In like Flynn..." I stand corrected!

By the way, I bear a remarkable resemblance to the late Mr. Flynn.

'Cept of course for the lack of a chisled chin, dark hair, haunting good looks.

Come to think of it, I'd better just stick to flying.

So are you saying that your skin is waxey grey, face is rotting, and you have worms coming out your nose?

Sorry just couldn't resist. I've held back for so long.

lol......:) :)

Plus, I have rock-hard chiseled abs...

Right there under that 2" of fat on my belly (and I'm being generous).

But JayDub still has less hair than I do. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Don't forget about all the companies that have crew meals. If we couldn't bring our own meals into the cockpit, then most of the major airlines would be in violation of the FAR's very often.

This is a rule at quite a few companies, but you'll have a hard time finding it in the regs. The intention of this rule is not to prevent pilots from having food/drink in the cockpit. The rule is there because pilots are only permitted to leave their stations for physiological needs. Going back to the galley to get a coke is not a physiological need (since if you really need it...you can get it from the F/A). It's kind of stupid, but I'm guessing someone's been busted by this if companies are putting in the FOM. I think it's pretty stupid, but that's the explanation I've heard on this one.

with rules like this , only to be broken thouand of times a day, no wonder our industry is screwed up.

i guess the guys at southwest who stripped bucknaked to show their static wicks to the flight attendent, ; they never got the memo either.....

Latest resources

Back