Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Carrying Food/Drinks into Cockpit-Legal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That makes sense. It's not logical, but many regs aren't. There is a policy at the flight school I work at that there is to be no food or drink in the cockpit, but that's just so we don't leave the trash behind. It's never been inforced as far as I know.

colorado 418,

I thought that guy had been spoken to about that behavior? JayDub, Eagle help me out on this. Obviously he's at it again or it's perpetuated into someone else. Wet blanket party on his next layover.

Happy landings

If there is an FAR prohibiting our bringing our own stuff in, I would think that our guys would get busted by the POI when he or his reps ride the jumpseat. Heck, we go to the can and return with as many handfulls of stuff as we can carry. I usually bring my co a drink as well as my own.

But here's the point that I consider proof positive that our doing so is not illegal. If it was, the FA's would be writing us up all the time. They would love to have something to hold over the pilots heads. Since they don't write it up, it must be legal. :)

regards,
enigma

jointops said:
colorado 418,

I thought that guy had been spoken to about that behavior? JayDub, Eagle help me out on this. Obviously he's at it again or it's perpetuated into someone else. Wet blanket party on his next layover.

Happy landings

I was under the impression Colorado's conversation took place with a customer. I had one of those myself one time. Seems this customer also didn't think my landing was "soft" enough with 200 and 1/2 and snow at night! (Ok, say what you will, but that's my excuse... at least this time!)

Yes, that person was spoken to. If you hear of it happening again, make sure you tell thre PVC. That's what they're there for.

JayDub

JayDub,

I hate when I type without rethinking. Glad that never happens with that darn MCDU. Never ever cleared from the top one too many times. Must delegate typing to someone in the house other than the pilot. They're usually smarter.

Yeah, you only type before thinking...

If I could only stop talking before thinking, I'd be in like Flint.

Thanks for the common sense check, gang.

"In like Flynn..." I stand corrected!

By the way, I bear a remarkable resemblance to the late Mr. Flynn.

'Cept of course for the lack of a chisled chin, dark hair, haunting good looks.

Come to think of it, I'd better just stick to flying.

Eagleflip said:

By the way, I bear a remarkable resemblance to the late Mr. Flynn.

'Cept of course for the lack of a chisled chin, dark hair, haunting good looks.

Flipper, if you find a solution to the hair thing could you help a brutha out?!?!?!:p :p

And "Hair Club for Men" doesn't count. It seems they already have a CEO!:D :D :D :D

Respectfully,

JayDub

Latest resources

Back