• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Caribbean Airlines 737 Crashes in Guyana

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've gone in there in the 757 and there is a lot of rubber deposits on the runway. Couple a high v-ref at flaps 30 or 40 and a driving rainshower with touching down past the touchdown zone and VOILA! a lesson learned again. At least the 757 has a 10 knot or better lower v-ref. Why Boeing shut down that production line in favor of the 737 is beyond me. It would be a great NEO option with the higher wing.

Higher. We routinely landed in the 130-140 knot range in the 777, the 737-800 (and even worse in the -900) lands well into the 150's at times.

triple seven can be that slow on approach! Now that's pretty cool for such a big airplane!! There's nothing like landing at 143K in a 900 on a shorter runway, flaps 40, with gusts and a speed window of about 10 knots. What fun!!!

I've gone in there in the 757 and there is a lot of rubber deposits on the runway. Couple a high v-ref at flaps 30 or 40 and a driving rainshower with touching down past the touchdown zone and VOILA! a lesson learned again. At least the 757 has a 10 knot or better lower v-ref. Why Boeing shut down that production line in favor of the 737 is beyond me. It would be a great NEO option with the higher wing.

AMEN!! One of two huge mistakes Boeing made in the last 20yrs. Replacing the 757 with the 737-900...what a joke! :rolleyes: I hope somebody lost their job over that one....however, I doubt it. It was probably the same guy who decided to build the 787 all over the world instead of right in Everett...where it belonged!

Latest resources

Back