• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo plane down in dubai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure if names have been officially released, so I won't name him here, yet. The FO lived in Sanford, FL, leaving behind his wife and young daughter. He was a USMC Veteran, and is an alumni of Comair Aviation Academy & Chautauqua. His FB friends are mostly all in the know of the situation an tributes have been flowing steadily since the news broke. We are all deeply saddened by the tragic events and pray for his family.

Semper Fidelis, M.B. We'll miss you terribly...

My thoughts are with his wife and child.
Matt was so highly motivated and so fun to teach and fly with. He had had one of those deep big guy laughs and a great sense of humor to go with it. You are missed. Fly west now, Semper Fi.

So, so sad. God bless. Be safe out there guys/gals. Many of us disagree, argue and what not here, this puts things into perspective that worse things can happen.

I flew with the first officer numerous times. He was one of the sharpest, most professional individuals I ever flew with. Based on my experience flying with him, I feel he was in a no-win situation or he'd still be with us. RIP.

:beer:

Matt was one of those people who the terms gentleman and talented pilot described perfectly. I had the chance to get to know him in our initial class at CHQ back in '02 and throughout his tenure at the company. Someone above said that if he isn't with us now it must have been a no win situation - that sums it up perfectly. I can only imagine the battle he and his captain fought. Godspeed my old friend. You will be missed by many.

Matt was one of the most professional and talented pilots I have ever flown with. He was a great man and will truly be missed. Godspeed…

How many more occurrences of this type are we going to experience and how many more will sadly pay with their lives before the FAA and the industry realizes the value of independent and dedicated smoke removal systems as mandatory in the cockpits of today's commercial airplanes. This issue should be recognized as basic as your basic flight instruments because today's smoke removal procedures are rudimentary and maybe suicidal at best.

Being blind on supplemental oxygen only adds a few extra minutes of life but not long enough to disrupt the trend of families laying their love ones to rest.

Latest resources

Back