• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo plane down in dubai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No they reported a cockpit fire. Look at post number 14.

PPRUNe has more info where by the way they already diagnosed and solved the problem with recommendations to Boeing.:rolleyes: Unbelievable that place.

Post 14 is copied from an article by a reporter. PPrune accounts by PILOTS that were on frequency during the event. First report from the flight was a Main Deck fire warning.

Sounds absolutely horrifying to me. After thousands of hours, my gut would sink at the slightest smell of smoke, or something odd. A worst nightmare I can't imagine. Something I could never overcome was that one event where no matter how "good" you are, how brave, how well trained, you would not succeed. A sad day. God Bless them.

Ditto

Post 14 is copied from an article by a reporter. PPrune accounts by PILOTS that were on frequency during the event. First report from the flight was a Main Deck fire warning.

Yea you're right, I guess I missed the post. One guy there said that his buddy who was flying said that the crew reported a main deck fire warning.

Pray for them, praise them for their heroics and above all celebrate their life and all the good they brought to their families and friends.

God speed

God bless to everyone involved. Not to get too cheeseball, but the wife is watching titanic and I'm reading this info....I can't help but be a little choked up and sad for our fellow brothers. Having flown the 74 and had an onboard situation with smoke, I can only wish that they were fortunate enough to have had the same outcome as me. If that is indeed what brought them down, we all need to say a prayer, hug your loved ones and be thankful for the gift of life. Godspeed!!!

They left home for a few days like we all do. None of us really enjoy leaving our families, but that is how we pay the bills. God bless them and I pray they left no children behind.

Latest resources

Back